Chapter 1: The Vote

A/N: Listening to; "Song of The Sea (Lullaby)" by Nolwenn Leroy (It's so pretty!!) 

(Video won't load, sorry lol!) 

Welcome back to part 3 of the Unknown series; Unknown Cure!! THANKS SO MUCH!! If you're new here, I'd recommend checking out the first two stories first so you know what's happening lol! Please enjoy!! <3

This writer DOES NOT SUPPORT ADAM ROSNER. Be careful of creeps on the internet, and trust no one you don't actually know, no matter how much you look up to them. STAY SAFE!! <3

Third Person P.O.V

"Josh and I had a plan."

Xakk had a hint of sorrow in his eyes, but everything else read the same; Anger. Jay Marrick could see this, even in the dully lit hotel room.

"And this plan?" A man named Lee asked, posed as a judge and prosecutor. He kept his voice even and calm, which must have been easier than for the rest of them, considering he never knew Josh Harris.

"He's- he was, the Keeper for the Dweller. He was sensitive to possessing spirits." "And you targeted Habit?" "Obviously." "A demon. You believed he could control a demon?" "We didn't need long," Xakk's cover faltered as he glanced down, "We had plan, to get rid of Habit by killing the carrier."

Alana Hudson straightened, eyes still glaring at the man. She opened her mouth, but Lee continued. "Why not kill the current carrier- Evan Jennings?"

"We tried; He regenerated. Habit wanted Evan."

"So you had him take on Habit?"

"He volunteered, once everything was explained to him. By you."

Lee nodded, "Why did you spend so much time on Habit?"

"Slenderman can be kept away by the journal, Lexx can be killed if you get past the cult, but Habit has nothing to stop him. Getting him out of the way would be the best idea."

Jay thought that was a pretty good argument, but the realization of Josh' death was enough to send him into questioning it. He never even fully understood the 'carrier' thing, nor the Dweller that inhabited Josh. He never got to see Josh get peace in this mess. He was young- younger than them, as was his friend, Austin- and yet they died first.

No, they died second...

He risked a glance as Lee and Xakk debated, looking at Tim Wright's bag. It was his now, all he had left of a multi-year friendship. He didn't even take Tim to the hospital. He left him in a dusty old building, next to his killer.

What kind of friend was he?

"So what now?" Vincent Everman asked, sitting on the bed nearby. "I don't want him playing leader." Alana hissed, looking to Lee, "I don't trust him."

"Alright," Lee says, "We can take a vote-" "Between you and Xakk?" Noah Maxwell said, raising an eyebrow. "I vote for Lee!" a man named Tristian hissed from his position of watching out of the window.

"Okay," Xakk stood quickly, "Let me know when you decide what you're doing." with that, he stormed off. TJ Schwartz tried to chase after him, only to meet a slammed door. "He's going to the parking lot!" Tristan hissed.

"That went well." Noah muttered under his breath, then said "I vote for Xakk." "Xakk." TJ nodded in agreement. "I vote for Lee," Vinny said, "I agree with getting rid of Habit, but he doesn't seem... right, anymore." "None of us are!" TJ hissed. Jay said, "I trust Xakk. He's gotten us this far." "And gotten some of us f***ing killed!" Alana yelled. "You and Austin left!" Noah shouted back, "That wasn't on him!"

"Enough," Lee said, calm and steady, "We're having a vote." Next to Jay, Jessica Locke spoke up, "I think Xakk has done well-" "You just got here!" Alana threw her hands, "You can't even name off everyone here!" "Jay, TJ, Noah-" "Calm down," Lee stepped between them, "Until further notice, I'll talk to Xakk about the two of us working together. How's that?" "I don't trust him." Alana shook her head, then took a seat near Vinny.

The silence was heavy. Jessica said, "Hey, how about we have a walk ourselves?" Her eyes flickered to the desk beside them. Or to the book atop it.

"Yeah," Noah nodded, slipping the book in his jacket, "Fresh air can do wonders for nosebleeds."

The three crept out while Lee was rifling through the closet, out onto the second level sidewalk. "It's all in German," Jessica admitted "I peaked around a bit. I know a few words, but not enough. Either of you?" Jay shook his head, Noah snorted "I can hardly hold a conversation with him." "Wait, he's alive?" Jay raised his eyebrow, "Why don't we talk to him? It's his diary, right?" "He won't let me come over," Noah shrugged bitterly, "Kicked me out when this first started, and he's been avoiding me ever since. He won't take my calls even." "Does he-" "He knows more than he's letting on, that's for d*** sure," he paused, then said, "It'd be nice to see him, though."

"Well, why don't we go?" Jessica stopped, looking between them, "We'll take Xakk and TJ, and we'll go meet with him!" "New York's a long way," Noah shrugged. "And we can't leave Vinny, or Alana." Jay said, earning glances. "Weren't you the one who wanted out, Jay?" Noah asked. "Yeah, I was," he nodded, trying to keep his face emotionless, "Until I got separated from a friend in Alabama."

They walked around the hotel perimeter in silence. Noah concentrated on the book, Jay and Jessica were trailing behind him. Ll Jay could think about was the argument he and Tim had. The last one.

He went to Tim's house, carrying a pocket knife and some wireties. Honestly, how did he expect to get Tim? Catch him off guard? Of course it backfired. Of course Tim took the knife away. But he didn't send him away, like he should have. Instead, he tied his hands and took his camera, promising to return after he looked at Benedict Hall. Jay yelled, but he could no longer remember what he yelled. Maybe he'd watch the videos again. No- he couldn't. Not yet, anyway. He was afraid of what he'd find. He couldn't remember much of the last months with Tim, which might be for the best. But he did remember a few things; yelling at him quite a bit, arguing over every little thing, and... Tim looking out for him, through it all, trying his best to secure a loose cannon.

'Why did you have to die?'

Warmth returned to his left hand, and he looked over. Jessica had grabbed his hand, looking up with a sympathetic smile. She squeezed reassuringly. He returned the squeeze and tried the smile. But a cold voice called from somewhere deep in his mind, twisting his stomach and taking his breath.

'How long until she dies?'

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

Oh I'm so excited! We've got quite a mess for our protagonists in this story!! We've got new villains on the way next week! YAY! Please, leave a comment on thoughts or anyone YOU WANNA SEE IN THIS STORY LINE!! (Or anything, I'm not picky lol! I LOVE reading your comments!! <3)

Rosner Situation: So, yes, as stated above, and shall follow as a disclaimer, I just recently found out about the Rosner case, and I send my thoughts and prayers to those affected in this mess. I promised to keep everyone updated, but I haven't heard anything yet myself, so we'll see.

Thanks so much for reading!! I'm happy to write this story and share it with each and everyone of you! Please follow, vote, and comment!! Any support you give this story really makes this much more fun and even if you don't like it, please leave constructive criticisms! I want to write original works someday, so please help me improve!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! STAY SAFE!! SPREAD SOME LOVE!! HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!! 

- J <3