42: Picking the perfect one

Start from the beginning

"A medium cut I guess." Ally shrugged.

"Ew. I'd want something big and flashy something to make people look you know." Camila added shrugging.

"Ally medium cut is perfect." Lauren smiled. She noticed Camila's face drop but the glare was cold. "Oh did you say something babe?" Lauren asked.

"Nope. Nothing. Nothing at all." Camila sighed.

"Oh ok." Lauren smiled before kissing her cheek and leaving the table.

"That was random." Ally countered.

"I know." Camila agreed.
---
Camila and Lauren laid together in her bed and decided to Skype Dinah. Lauren had text dinah and talked to her about bringing up wedding and engagement rings in the conversation some how. Wanting to get both the perfect wedding ring and engagement ring. Dinah greeted then and the three fell into a normal conversation. Talking about school and soccer and relationships. Dinah had the perfect script for this situation.

"So me and Nelah are talking about engagement. He's getting me a gold engagement ring." Dinah smiled knowing Camila would counter against his choice.

"Gold? Seriously. White gold or even silver is more acceptable. Lauren if you even proposed to me with a gold engagement ring Id be so mad. It's not traditional! White gold. White gold is so much more pretty. Silver can get dull but white gold is beautiful!" Camila argued.

"White gold. I'll remember that. Geez. How do you know I don't already have a gold ring." Lauren shrugged.

"Wait what?" Camila asked.

"So Dinah, who are the captains this year?" Lauren smirked at Camila before winking and looking back at the screen.
---
"So you're getting two different rings?Are you buying them today?" Heather asked as they walking into Jared Jewelers.

"I'm buying the engagement ring. The wedding ring will come when ready." Lauren shrugged.

"Hello ladies what can I get for you?" A young guy walked up to us.

"I'm looking for engagement rings." Lauren smiled. He raised his eye brows and looked between the two girls. "No no not for me and her for my girlfriend. She doesn't know I'm here."

"Oh well I think that's beautiful. So let me show you to them. What's she into?" He asked standing behind a case.

"White gold and flashy." Lauren said softly.

"I got the perfect one." He pulled out a white gold band with diamonds going down the sides and a square rock cut.

"This was easier than I thought. How much is it?" Lauren asked.

"Uh...1500." He said looking at the price.

"I'll take it." Lauren smiled.

"That was fast." Heather smiled.

"Well I know what she wants so yeah." Lauren shrugged. She paid for the ring and they boxed it up for her.

"Thanks for coming buddy." Lauren smiled nudging her side.

"You're welcome loser." Heather replied smiling.
---
Lauren knocked rather loud on Ally's door. After a good three minutes the door opened.

"Is Camila in here?" Lauren asked softly.

"No. Why?" Ally questioned confused.

"Ok...." Lauren pushed past her and watched as Ally closed the door. "Can you keep this with you?"

Lauren pulled the small black velvet box from her jacket pocket and Ally gasped.

"Lauren! You're Propo-" Lauren covered her mouth because she was practically screaming. The walls seemed paper thin and even though Camila was a little ways down the hall she'd probably hear her.