"Move." Placing his hand on the door handle, Yoongi made sure to speak in a tone harsh enough for the employees to voluntarily disperse themselves.

It was then Clarity noticed his gaze fall onto her. Yoongi signalled her to open the door with a slight tilt of the head. "Lead the way."

"Our wonderful Suga has arrived with the material needed for the conference to progress smoothly. Miss Secretary, please show him the way," Hoseok piped in.

A smile was plastered on his face, contrasting with his surprisingly cold eyes. He had used Yoongi's mafia alias instead of his actual name, which meant whatever material he had in possession was related to the Underground, more specifically, the auction that had occurred a few days ago.

Blinking twice, Clarity looked at the door handle to the conference room, then to Hoseok's unmoving smile. She had an ominous feeling, but decided that playing along was the best option. With a sigh, she opened the door and led the silver-haired hacker into the room.

A dreadful tension inundated the silent space, which was visibly darkened by the closed blinds. Subconsciously gulping, Clarity glanced nervously at the back of a certain man dressed fully in a black suit, expecting to be hit by Seokjin's intimidating aura.

She was hit by a wave of intimidation alright—except it wasn't from Bangtan's CEO.

Clarity's eyes widened as the man she had been talking to at the kitchen counter last night now leaned back in the conference chair with a chilling air of oppression. As usual, his dark curls dropped before his forehead. Although it covered a part of his eyes, it did not block their piercing gaze.

The oval conference table was seated with only three people, with Senyu's two men on the further end of the room while Kim Taehyung sat on the closer end.

"Where is CEO Kim?" One of Senyu's representatives spoke up, his voice coated with an obvious malice. At the entrance of a young woman and a silver-haired man, both who he did not recognize, the representative started to grow impatient. "We were told to come here because it was an emergency situation, but what is this?"

An emergency situation?

Confusion was visible on Clarity's face. She had originally speculated Senyu to be the ones who initiated this meeting in order to get back at Bangtan for tarnishing their reputation, but it appeared that the opposite case was true.

Why was Seokjin absent? More importantly, why was it Taehyung who came in his place?

Her burning questions dissipated into thin air as the raven-haired man beside her finally spoke up after making eye contact with Yoongi and the folder in his hands.

"CEO Kim will not be coming, and I will be speaking in his stead." Taehyung's voice was firm yet cold. "Although it won't be much of a conversation."

"...You're The Variable, aren't you?" The more composed representative identified the raven-haired man.

He recalled Kevin's words of caution before they left for Bangtan Corporation earlier in the day. He was advised to avoid direct conflict with Kim Seokjin's group, as they were all individuals with extraordinary abilities. Seeing the young man in front of him, who was reeking the aura of death, the representative couldn't help but feel goosebumps on his back.