𝐭𝐞𝐧. 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑐 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒

Word count: 6305

𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 stood outside of the Plano Street Rooming House for Solitary Men, which they had found out was where Luther had been staying for the past year or so.

It was a tall building made of brick, although the top half of the building's bricks were far lighter than the bottom half. A couple of tall windows were planted on the walls, each of them a few metres apart from each other, and the drawn blinds prevented them from seeing what was within. A faded, blue sign stuck out of the side that had the name written in yellow and pink, slightly blowing in the wind.

It was already a little past two in the afternoon. The sun stood high in the nearly cloudless sky, and the cool breeze that accompanied the approaching winter weather swept over them.

Vanya had gone in to check on Luther. Although Five had protested this, Elizabeth insisted that it would be all right, seeing that Luther had already gone the extra mile to find the other girl in the first place.

So for now, Elizabeth and Five leaned against Vanya's car, (nervously) waiting.

"I don't know, Elle." Five shook his head as he folded his arms across his chest. "It's been too long. Something's happened. Luther's killed her. Or the other way around."

"Five, it's been three minutes." Elizabeth rolled her eyes as she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "She's fine. And he's fine. Everyone's fine."

His eyes flickered from the building to her, uncertain. "But both of them—"

"I know. They are the worst possible pairing to leave alone in a room," Elizabeth sighed, shuddering slightly as a wind came over them. "But Vanya doesn't even remember what he—or she—did anyway. And Luther . . . Well, he's still a little bitch."

"I guess." A small frown became apparent on his face as he looked back towards the building. "Well, I'm sure we'd know if something happened."

"Know?" she echoed with a laugh. "If Vanya did something, we'd probably be dead."

Five let out a small chuckle. "Yeah."

Yet another cold breeze washed over them, causing more goosebumps to reveal themselves on Elizabeth's body. She shivered, wrapping her arms around her waist as she tried to warm herself up. 

Then deeming this as not good enough, she took a step towards Five and quickly embraced him. She buried her face in the crook of his neck and closed her eyes as she enjoyed the warmth that radiated off of him.

Five planted a kiss on the side of her head as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer to him. "Little cold?"

"That's an understatement," she mumbled into the collar of his shirt, gripping the back of his blazer more tightly.

"I think I know something that could keep you warm," he whispered, the hint of a smirk now playing on his lips.

"What?"

He removed one hand from her back and used it to lift her chin up. Barely a second later was his lips placed upon hers, indeed warming her just as he had promised. She moved her hands from his back to his neck, and his hands settled on her waist to pull her closer as he tilted his head to deepen the kiss carefully.

Elizabeth couldn't help but smile into the kiss as his tongue traced along her bottom lip, and she instantly complied, opening her mouth to grant him access as her fingers toyed with the hairs on the nape of his neck, and hummed in satisfaction.

She inhaled sharply when Five moved his hands to push her up against the car and deepened the kiss even further, his hand reaching down to slowly trail his fingers down her thigh while he pressed his body tight up against hers.