𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝑑𝑖𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒

Word count: 2548

𝐒𝐈𝐗 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 passed since Elizabeth had fallen into 1963. 

And despite her and Elliott constantly checking out the window for any new visitors or crackles of electricity, Five and Diego still hadn't been spotted.

She had been on the search for her other siblings as well, but it was proving to be more difficult than she had initially imagined; they could've been anywhere other than Dallas, Texas, and she had no clue how to look for them. The only idea Elliott had come up with was to look through the phone book, but that idea was soon stopped short as none of their names was listed.

Over the six months, she had become quite good friends with Elliott. How could she not have; they've been living together, and spent a lot of time together working on finding everyone, after all. Sure, he was a bit kooky and had the most insane ideas and theories, but he was nice to her. And not racist, which was a big plus in this time.

And, although she wished more than anything to return to the time she was supposed to be in, Elizabeth had gotten quite used to living in 1963. She had lived in that time much longer than she had in 2019; she had only been in 2019 for eight days. So, the slang, the technology, the way people went about their days—she adapted to all of it pretty quickly.

Although the one thing she didn't really adapt to in this time era was the clothing. Her uniform was the one thing she had left of the Umbrella Academy, so she kept wearing it (Although, she had bought pyjamas; her uniform was not ideal to sleep in). And she never usually got too weird of a look from the passing people while wearing it; she did look like a schoolgirl after all.

She was now leaving the supermarket, a paper bag filled with groceries stuffed in her hands. 

The supermarket was only a couple of blocks away from where she lived, and the cool breeze that came with the first day of September was quite refreshing, so the ten-minute walk she was taking was quite enjoyable. In the summer months, when it had been hot as hell—that hadn't been so wonderful.

And while she walked, she always used this as a chance to search for her siblings. Sure, it would be quite the coincidence if they happened to be walking down the same street as her, but she couldn't help but feel hopeful every time she peered at a passerby's face. Although, she never did recognize anyone.

Once she arrived at the door of the apartment, she shifted the bag to her left hand as she used the right to reach into her blazer pocket and pull out her key. She unlocked the door and used her foot to push it open as she tucked the key back into the pocket and walked in.

"Hey, Elliott, I couldn't find that type of—"

"Elizabeth!" He dashed up to her, his eyes wide. He was trembling as he grabbed onto her shoulders and shook her, almost causing the box of Corn Diggers at the top of the paper bag to fall out.

"What? What?" she questioned as she hurriedly put the bag onto the table in the kitchen. "What's wrong?"

"There—" He pointed towards the window that was on the right wall of the living room, his finger shaking. "Someone came! Someone came!"

"What?" She rushed up to the window, quickly pulling the curtain aside to look out the window. She sighed as she saw nothing but the alleyway before she turned back to Elliott frantically. "Who? Did you follow them?"

He shook his head. "I—no, I didn't."

"Elliott!" Elizabeth exclaimed, slapping him lightly on the arm. "I said if I wasn't home and someone came, either go scream at them and tell them to come in or follow them!"