16

The pair walked towards Joon Mee's house in silence.

No, they were not avoiding each other. They were just thinking about the events that happened for the day.

Coincidentally, both of their minds went to what happened in the hospital earlier that evening.

'We were literally two inches away. If I had moved forward, we would've kissed..'

The two blushed at their own thoughts.

'No Joon Mee, you'll never be with him. Yeonjun doesn't see you like that.'

'No Yeonjun, you'll never be with her. Joon Mee doesn't see you like that. Besides, she has a crush.'

Right. The crush.

'Who is her crush?'

Before Yeonjun could ask who the crush is, Joon Mee spoke up.

"We're here. Let's go inside." Joon Mee said, unlocking the front door.

"Are you sleeping here?" she asked.

Yeonjun hesitantly nodded before speaking.

"I think Taehyun wants me to look after you." 

"Okay. I'll just get the guest room ready." Joon Mee said before disappearing from Yeonjun's sight.

'Okay, Yeonjun. Think. Who could it be?'

'Taehyun said he was in our friend group. I think the best option would be Soobin because they're alike. They're both the shy type. But it could also be Beomgyu or Kai because maybe she wants to try to be outgoing. But mayb-'

"Yeonjun?" Joon Mee called, snapping Yeonjun out of his thoughts.

"You alright? I've been calling you for three times already but you wouldn't respond. What were you thinking about?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine. Just thinking about Taehyun." Yeonjun lied.

"Oh, okay. Well, you can use the bathroom first to freshen up. I put some of Taehyun's clothes on the guest bed for you to borrow." Joon Mee informed.

Yeonjun nodded in reply.

"Hey Joon Mee?" Yeonjun called just as Joon Mee was walking away.

Joon Mee hummed in response, looking back at him.

"Thanks." Yeonjun said with a small smile.

"Anytime." Joon Mee replied, returning the smile.

~ c h a p t e r   e n d ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~