18

Joon Mee woke up from her sleep smiling, a blushing mess.

Her hand immediately found its way to the top of her head, caressing it with her fingers.

'Was that real?'

'Did Yeonjun really kiss my head?'

Joon Mee knew she was still slightly awake when Yeonjun was singing to her but she wasn't sure about what happened after.

"I love you. Sleep tight."

Joon Mee silently squealed, her face turning into a bright tomato.

'Oh God, please tell me it's true..'

She heaved herself out of bed and made her way downstairs. Entering the kitchen, a familiar aroma played under her nose.

'Are those pancakes?'

"Good morning, Yeonjun-ah! Are you making breakfast?" Joon Mee grreted.

"Oh, Joon Mee! You're awake! I'm making pancakes for breakfast." Yeonjun replied, taking just a small peak at the girl.

"Reall? Pancakes?" Joon Mee asked, sitting herself down on a stool.

"I heard that you like pancakes so I made them to lift your spirits." Yeonjun said, focus still on the stove.

"And from who?" she questioned.

"Your brother." Yeonjun answered.

"Aish, he's giving out information about me like it's nothing." Joon Mee sarcastially said.

Yeonjun chuckled at Joon Mee's statement.

"Taehyun's just looking out for you. He'd know that you're tired from yesterday. A lot happened." Yeonjun reasoned.

"I know. I was just kidding." Joon Mee replied, chuckling. Yeonjun chuckled along.

"Done! Here are the pancakes, madam!" Yeonjun playfully said, setting down the stack of pancakes on the table.

Yeonjun looked up from the table and only did he see Joon Mee's face fully. Taking in her appearance, he realized that her face was slightly red.

"Joon Mee-ah, are you okay? Do you feel sick?" Yeonjun worriedly asked, leaning forward towards Joon Mee's face.

"W-what? Why?" Joon Mee replied nervously, her face heating up more seeing how the gap between them was decreasing.

"You're face is red. Maybe you got fatigue from yesterday? You did do a lot yesterday.." Yeonjun said, still concerned for her health, while placing his palm on her forehead to check her temperature.

The two locked eyes and only did they realise,

'Wait, this like deja vu...'

Yeonjun leaned back to his own chair after the thought hit him, a pink hue forming on his face. Joon Mee leaned back as well, her face becoming redder if it was possible.

'Goddamit, this is already the second time this has happened. Why can't you just ask her out? Don't be a wimp Yeonjun.'

Clearing out his thoughts and throat, Yeonjun opened his mouth to speak, gaining Joon Mee's attention.

"Joon Mee-ah.."

'let's eat now.'

"I like you."

~ c h a p t e r   e n d ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~