01

Joon Mee closed her bedroom door as she made her way down to their living room where she usually spends her time dancing alone. Their living room has always been her dancing space since her room is a bit small for her to dance to certain choreographies.

This has always been her daily routine; never did she miss a day without dancing. Joon Mee has always loved dancing. She loved how her body would react to the rhythm of the music and she has always been curious of the different styles an concepts, trying them every now and then.

Joon Mee has always loved dancing however there was one element that always scared her and made her feel small.

Performing in front of an audience.

Just the thought of people criticizing her each and every movement scared Joon Mee. She was afraid of people bad-mouthing or making fun of her dancing; that she would put an end to this hobby that she loves dearly because of the things others would say about her and her dancing.

As she entered their living room, Joon Mee connected her speaker to her laptop so that she can hear the music clearly. Playing one of her playlists, she began to stretch, making sure that she stretch properly so that she won't be aching after dancing. 

After stretching, she started dancing.

Meanwhile, upstairs was rather quiet; only the sounds of fingers flipping pages of a book can be heard.

 Joon Mee's brother, Kang Taehyun, was reading his favorite book, "Into the Magic Shop", yet again for who  knows how many times. Head stuck on the book, eyes glued to the page, Taehyun continued to read his book...

... that is until his phone rang on his nightstand, startling him. 

Taehyun sighed as he marked the page with his book mark before closing his book. He took his phone from the nightstand as he checked who was calling him.

It was Yeonjun.

Taehyun immediately answered the call, feeling happy to get to talk to the older. They and their other friends haven't talked to each other for the past 2 weeks since they were focused on studying for their final exam before summer break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yo, Taehyun!"

"Hyung, how have you been?"

"I've been well! You?"

"Same here. Why'd you call?"

"Nothing much. Was just bored and decided to talk to you since we and the other haven't for a while because of the exams."

"Sure hyung! No probl- hold on hyung."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The music Joon Mee was dancing to can be heard in Taehyun's room. Since Taehyun didn't want the music overpowering his and Yeonjun's conversation, he asked his sister to lower down the volume of her music.

"Joon Mee-ah! Can you lower the volume of your music? I'm talking to someone on the phone!"

"Okay! Sorry!"

"Its's okay!"

Once the music was lessened, Taehyun went back to his conversation with Yeonjun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry hyung. I'm back."

"Joon Mee's dancing?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't you invite her to join us in the dance studio this summer?"

"She won't say yes. You know her hyung. She's really anxious and self-conscious of her dancing and herself in general."

"The more reasons to invite her. We can help her overcome her fears and be more confident in herself. What do you say Taehyun-ssi?"

"How come I've never thought of this before? Wahh.. This is the first time your smarter than me hyung!"

"Yah!"

"I'm joking, i'm joking!"

"This ungrateful brat. Anyway, you in?"

"I'll try to convince her. It's about time her talents be seen by people other than me. Seriously hyung! If only you saw her dancing, you'd be surprised to see what she's been hiding."

"Really? I'd be glad to see it!"

"You're going to tell the others about this plan of yours?"

"Sure. Please try to convince her Tae-ssi."

"I will Yeonjun-hyung."

"Then I'll see you later?"

"Sure hyung! Bye! Take care!"

"You too Taehyun-ssi! Bye!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With that, Taehyun ended the call with a smile on his face.

He's glad to hear what Yeonjun said. He's been wanting to break Joon Mee out of her cage but never knew how. 

Taehyun wasn't lying when  he said sister has talent and he didn't want that talent to go to waste.

All he needs to do know is convince Joon Mee to say yes.

~ c h a p t e r   e n d ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys, it's author-nim! just wanted to say that this is my first book so any feedback to make this book better will be really appreciated. anyways congrats on surviving this long chapter 😅  i guess that's all! bye! stay safe and wear your masks everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~