Episode 5

-------------------------------------------------------

Demi hadn't told many people what she had decided to do, she wanted to confirm that she was pregnant before anyone knew and decided to ask and judge her. A good thing with her job is that she could do it until later in the pregnancy unlike some jobs, she was sat around most of the day so at least she could spend more time with her baby when he or she had arrived. She just felt so ready to do this, that it was the right time in her life whether she was alone or not. She already knew that Nick and Selena would be there and that her baby would grow up thinking of them as family, his or her Aunt and Uncle. He or she would be so spoilt and she just couldn't wait to have them here. She was probably becoming more excited then she should not knowing yet whether she was even pregnant. The doctor said to wait a week before taking a pregnancy test in which the week soon went by, she will admit that she felt no different but it had only been a week.

"Hey Demi, what's up?" Selena questions over the phone.

"I was wondering whether your free? And Nick?" Demi questions back.

"Yeah we just got back from lunch, why? Aren't you at work?" Selena answer adding in a question herself again.

"The doctor said after a week I could take a pregnancy test and it's been a week. I want you guys to be there when I do it and I kind of need you to buy me one as well, the week has gone by so quickly I haven't had time to buy one." Demi explains Selena laughing a bit.

"Of course we'll be there for you Dems! We will be there in say half an hour?" Selena suggests Demi agreeing with her before they bid their goodbyes and hanging up the phone. Demi couldn't deny how nervous she had become, she kind of didn't want to find out now and just wanted to wait for symptoms but she knew she needed to do this, just to put her mind at peace a little bit. She'd hate it if she wasn't pregnant.

Nick and Selena made it to Demi's house on time Nick being the one who was carrying a white bag which contained a couple of pregnancy tests for Demi to take. They let themselves in knowing that Demi wouldn't mind kicking their shoes off also taking off their jackets, Demi met them in the hall leading the way upstairs into her bedroom where she would take the test in the bathroom that was connected.

"We were wished luck on having a baby by so many people when trying to find the best test!" Nick exclaims Demi not helping but laughing as she takes the bag out of Nick's hand emptying the contains on the bed which was just a couple of pregnancy tests, she handed Nick thirty dollars to pay for the test before turning back around to them.

"Don't steal my thunder!" Demi exclaims making them laugh this time.

"Good luck Dem and remember if you're not pregnant it isn't the end of the world, you still have us and your parents." Selena says holding onto her hands.

"I know and thanks guys, I just really want this for myself." She states coming close to tears already and she hadn't even taken the pregnancy tests from the box.

"If it was meant to be it will happen." Nick assures kissing her forehead, Demi smiled letting go of Selena's hands grabbing the boxes making her way into the bathroom proceeding to take the tests.

Demi stared down in the sink after staring down at her phone for the amount of time it said on the box, she couldn't bring herself to flip the test over but she needed to do it. She couldn't let Selena or Nick find out first, she wanted to be the first one to know the truth. Whether she was carrying a baby or not. Demi took in a deep breath before flipping the test over seeing one very faint line on the little screen.

It hadn't worked, she wasn't pregnant.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!