Episode 39

-----------------------------------------------------

"I mean I love him and I love her but I can't do this, I can't be a mom to her if I know in less than two years I won't have her. I can't keep Joe from having his own family and I can't put us through this again, another baby shouldn't have to live life like this." Demi stresses crying harder as Nick hugged her, Selena sighs laying her hand on her arm in her own comforting way, they didn't know what else to say, there was nothing that could make her feel better.

"Come on Dems, women go through this sort of stuff all the time but we're strong enough not to let it affect us. You're bound to be a bit emotional about what has happened over the last week, it's been a long week and you just need some more rest so go upstairs wake up Joe and both of you go sleep in a comfortable bed. You both need the sleep and we'll look after Nevaeh until your awake." Selena demanded knowing Nick would back her up.

"B-But you don't know how to look after her." Demi stammers.

"Demi we were there for most of the course as advised but the nurses, go to bed." Nick demanded a little harsher this time, Demi sighed again getting up trudging up the stairs until she landed in her daughter's room. She bent down near Joe stroking his hair before shaking him gently. They both just needed to sleep in a comfortable bed without any worries but they both knew that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Joe woke up a couple of hours later seeing that Demi was still sleeping fast asleep next to him, he glanced at the time before his eyes laid back on Demi. His arm came out from under the duvet beginning to stroke her hair gently, she looked peaceful when she slept but like he had once experienced he knew it was the only time he could ever get away from the worries that came to them when they were awake. It took another five minutes or so for Demi to wake up smiling when she saw Joe in front of him who now stopped stroking her hair his hand coming back down by his side.

"Sleep well?" Joe questioned Demi nodding her head gently moving so her head was laying on his chest, Joe kissed her head knowing that she was still half asleep and would take a couple of moments for her to get back to earth.

"Is Nevaeh okay?" She inquired.

"I'm sure Nick and Selena are down there just fine looking after her." Joe answered Demi knowing he was right snuggling back into his chest again.

Joe and Demi made their way down the stairs not long later seeing Nick and Selena on the couch watching TV knowing that Nevaeh would be in the crib more than likely sleeping. The new parents wonder over to the crib peering inside seeing that their daughter was in fact sleeping peacefully like she had been for the past couple of hours.

"How has she been?" Demi questioned her eyes not leaving her daughter.

"She's been fine, hasn't woken up yet from when you put her down earlier." Selena explained Demi nodding her head knowing that she will be due a feed at any minute. She couldn't help but want to break down crying everytime she saw her daughter, not because of what might happen in the future but also the fact that she couldn't believe that she was here. She knew that new mothers would get emotional over little things as their hormones get back to normal.

"I think the two of you need to have a chat now that you've had some sleep, we'll leave and come back after dinner." Nick replied Joe looking towards Demi.

"Chat about what?" Joe inquired.

"It's nothing, please stay guys." Demi begged slightly.

"No Demi, you need to do this and tell him how you are really feeling, we'll be back later on." Demi sighed giving in, she gave her best friend a hug before they left. She grabbed Joe's hand leading him over to the couch taking a seat as Joe sat down next to her.

--------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!