Episode 57

------------------------------------------------------

Joe chopped all the potatoes up and put them on the heat in some water before he made his way into the living room. He couldn't help but smile when he saw Demi laid on the couch Nevaeh in front of the couch looking as if they were both having a goodtime watching TV even though he knew Nevaeh wasn't probably understanding what was on, it was a kids show but she was far too young to take much in. They didn't sit her in front of the TV often because it wasn't healthy for her but they did sometimes when Demi was taking care of her, she was now unable to sit on the floor with her own daughter because of her bump. She looked like she was much further along than what she actually was. Joe made his way over to the chair sitting down so Demi wouldn't have to move for him but he could tell she was still in a mood and he knew that it was his fault.

"I won't go if you don't want me to." Joe stated Demi looking up at him sighing.

"I want you to go, it's for work and I don't want you to get fired. I'll just miss you and I know Nevaeh will too." Demi admitted Joe smiling.

"I'll miss you girls too, I'll phone every night even though Nevaeh probably won't know it's me." Joe spoke realising what he was saying as he said it. Demi laughed stroking the top of her daughter's head smoothing out the small amount of hair she had on her head. It still hadn't quite hit her that she wouldn't have to say goodbye.

"She'll recognise her daddy's voice," Demi smiled. "I promise I'll phone my parents or your parents if I start struggling, I knew you were going to say it." She felt horrible going along with his lie when she knew he wasn't going away for work. She just wished he knew that he could be honest with her, she didn't like people who lied and it wasn't a very good example for Nevaeh. Joe felt just as horrible for lying to her.

Demi was laid in bed later that night just thinking whether she was doing the right thing by allowing him to just go without asking him where he was really going. She just hoped that he was doing the right thing by hiding it from everyone, she hoped that he understood how much it was hurting her that he was lying to her but she knew odds were he didn't. She felt sorry for herself that she was falling more and more in love with him because she knew her heart would just end up getting broken yet again. She was starting to think that Kean was really the only guy for her and that he was gone and she'd never get to be happy with a guy. Demi pressed the green button on her phone, Nick picked up the phone after a couple of rings.

"Demi is everything okay?" He inquired.

"Not really." Demi sniffled, she knew it was bad for her to feel this sad while being pregnant with her triplets but she couldn't help it, she needed to speak to someone.

"What's wrong?" Nick questioned sitting up on the seat Selena now sat next to him concerned about what was happening to her best friend.

"Joe's hiding something from me and I don't know what he's up to, he's said he has to go away for work for a couple of days but I knew he was lying." Demi explained.

"Didn't I tell you my brothers were complicated?" Nick joked gaining nothing more than a smack from his girlfriend, Demi didn't even utter a small laugh. "I'm sure he's just planning something big for you Demi." He reassured Demi, it didn't make her feel any better.

"What if he's found another girl other than me? He's going to leave me and our children for another girl, I know he is." Demi blinked away tears heading Nick sigh from the other side of the phone. He didn't know what else to say to that.

"He wouldn't kiss you and show you the affection he has if he was with another girl Demi." Nick tried to reason with her but she didn't see it.

"I must look like the biggest idiot." Demi mumbled hanging up the phone not even trying to stop herself from crying this time as she stared at Kean.

------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!