Episode 27

-----------------------------------------------------

It took a couple of months but soon Joe was settled into his new life, he had started going to a therapist who was giving him tips on how to get his life back on track and also helping him get over the death of his girlfriend and son a little more. He knew he would never be able to get over them completely because of what a huge impact they had on him but would get over their death enough to live a normal life. He had also starting working in the courthouse but mainly just sitting around watching other lawyers do their cases so he knew what he would have to do when the time came he had a case. He had done his training back in New York and took long enough to get into a job. He had also spent a lot of time with Demi who was now twenty one weeks along, she had experienced some morning sickness but other than that no problems had occurred. They knew the problems would come when he or she arrived.

"You ready?" Joe inquired as Demi got into the car, she nodded her head gently leaving Joe no option but to pull away after looking for oncoming traffic. They were going to Demi's twenty week scan the nerves hitting both of them hard, last time Demi went she discovered her baby wouldn't survive past two years old but the harsh reality most babies with this condition don't live to see their first birthday and that wasn't something neither Joe or Demi wanted for their child.

"Are we going to find out the gender?" Demi questioned looking at Joe.

"It's up to you, I wouldn't mind knowing. Scarlett and I found out what Luca was going to be as soon as possible. We just thought that out it's easier to know what you're having to prepare for him or her." Joe explained Demi nodding her head again in agreement.

"I mean we could buy everything and get his or her room ready at home, I think I know what we're having though." Demi replied her top front two teeth latching onto her bottom lip. Joe glanced down at her but only for a split second before his eyes were back on the road.

"Really? How do you know?" Joe inquired.

"I just have a feeling." Demi admitted.

"And what do you think we're having?" Joe questioned Demi giggling slightly, she knew now they would have to find out what they were having. Joe would want to know whether what she was feeling was right or whether she was wrong, either way she had a fifty fifty chance of getting it right. It could just be a coincidence too.

"I think it's a girl." Demi grinned Joe not helping but smiling as well.

Joe and Demi reached the hospital walking into her maternity part signing Demi in before taking a seat in the waiting room. They weren't early but they weren't late for their appointment, Demi always tried to get there five minutes or so before in case they were running early or something. They both were more nervous now then what they were when they were back at home.

"We need to think about what's going to happen when they arrive." Demi stated Joe nodding his head in agreement, it could get complicated.

"From experience she will need to stay at your house more than anywhere else. She'll have equipment the hospital will provide that can't be transported." Joe replies Demi smiling at him now referring to their child as she rather than it, he or she had a gender now and Demi didn't really like referring to her baby as an it.

"It's going to be hard to just go out with her." Demi mumbled her smile disappearing as her hands lay on her growing bump, she wanted to be able to take her child out to the park and stuff and not have to worry about something that could happen to them.

"It will be hard but if you time it right it shouldn't be much of a problem." Joe reassured holding onto her hand. Demi smiled leaning on his shoulder staring at a couple who had their newborn son in their arms his mother rocking him gently to calm him down, she would have a lifetime with her baby if he was as healthy as he seemed to be but Joe and Demi were limited in time they had with their baby.

-----------------------------------------------------

Comments please!