Episode 46

----------------------------------------------------------

It had been a total of seven months and two weeks since Nevaeh was born, she was heading onto becoming eight months old, an age in which her family didn't know whether she would make or not. Joe couldn't express how happy he was when she reached six months, she survived longer than her big brother and that's all Joe wanted, for her to live past what her brother did which meant he had more time with her. Joe and Demi got along for the sake of their daughter and had become somewhat friends, they didn't argue or anything but Joe was finding it hard to forgive Nick for what he had said that time. He barely talked to him anymore which Nick was finding hard to get on with.

"Look at my big girl!" Joe cooed leaning down in the crib bringing his daughter up in her arms, the young girl squealed seeing her father for the first time in the day. Joe changed her from her pyjamas into a dress before making his way downstairs into the kitchen where Demi was beginning to prepare breakfast for the two of them, Joe had slept over a lot keeping his promise to be there to help Demi with Nevaeh. They both loved the little girl a lot.

"Morning princess!" Demi cooed too giving her daughter a kiss on the head. "Have you fed her yet?" Joe shook his head gently as he replied.

"I'll go do it now before breakfast." He stated before wondering off Nevaeh still in his arms, it was just easier to feed her in Demi's room where all the required equipment was. It took up a lot of room but Demi didn't mind.

Joe and Demi were sat in the kitchen having breakfast as they talked, they will admit it was a little awkward at first when Joe was around and they would have to sit in complete silence because neither of them knew what to say to each other but now they had a friendship it wasn't something that they worried about.

"How's work going then? Lock up anymore baddies?" Demi teases Joe laughing slightly swallowing what he had in his mouth before speaking.

"I suppose it's going okay, it's tough when you have a client that you know had done the crime they were committed for because you want to lock them away but they're paying you for that not to happen. I've had a handful of those but it doesn't get any easier." Joe admitted.

"Either way you get paid so does it matter?" Demi questioned.

"I guess so, it depends on the case and what's in the contract," Joe explained. "But most of the time I do get paid, I'm thinking about moving out soon since I've saved up a lot."

"I think that would be a good idea." Demi stated Joe smiling slightly.

Selena and Nick arrived not long later Joe staying completely away from Nick or at least as far away as he could, he didn't even say hi to him. He was sat on the floor with Nevaeh helping her play, it was hard for her to play with something which required much movement but she was able to play with something that was just on the floor. She had a toy which blasted air up making little plastic balls fly out the container, it was her favourite as she reached out her arms to try and catch them giggling when Joe pretended to miss catching one. She was a happy baby, her parents wouldn't have believed she had such a condition as SMA.

"We have some news." Nick stated Demi looking up from the drinks she was making, it was summer time so it was just a glass of lemonade.

"What is it?" Demi inquired.

"I'm pregnant." Selena revealed a grin on her face but they both became worried when Demi didn't even crack a smile for them. They thought she would be happy and want to share this experience with her, they had told her that they were trying.

"What's wrong Demi?" Nick questioned.

"I'm pregnant too." She mumbled looking down at the floor.

------------------------------------------------

Comments please!