~ Chapter 25 ~

Magsimula sa umpisa

Julie just nods as she see the tears coming down Luke's face. Rose begins to walk away, she stops to look at her daughter and lets a tear roll down her cheek.

"They keep saying to not blame myself, but I can't help it. I feel responsible, for everything."

Julie: Don't you dare blame yourself. I did this, not you.

"I was so mad at Bobby, so we missed your school dance and met Caleb which got us into this mess in the first place."

Julie: This isn't your fault.

Julie lets out her sobs as she listens to Luke's speech. She slides down the window and just looks at the crying boy sitting at her grave.

"I don't know, just know that no matter what I love you"

Julie: Luke. Luke please hear me! Luke!

She begins to cry louder trying to get him to hear her.

Julie: I love you too.

Rose had heard the crying so she came to comfort her.

Rose: Julie.

Julie: I-I can't do this. I-I have to be down there.

They both are just looking at the window, Rose standing behind her daughter with her hands on her shoulders.

Rose: I know. Hopefully you will.

Julie looks up to her mother with a confused face, but Rose just smiles back at her and looks back into the window.

For the next 6 months she went to the window. She watched her family deal with her death, it was hard on her but she couldn't imagine doing anything else. Her mom had not told her what she had meant that day, and Julie never asked. Julie loved being with her, but she still wished she was down there. With her boys.

Rose: Julie.

Julie: Yes mom?

Rose: I need to tell you something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been 6 months. 6 months since Julie died. It was hard on everyone, but the family was slowly healing.

Ray didn't talk about Julie much at first. He threw himself into his work and taking care of Carlos. For the first couple of months he seemed really fine, which was weird for everyone else. They knew not to bring her up at all, and they were all ok with that. Eventually Ray did let in the pain of losing his daughter, and it was not pretty.

Three months after Julie died

Ray: Ugh, why can't I get this right?

Reggie: What are you doing?

Ray: I'm making a cake.

Alex: Why?

Ray: (whispers) For Julie's birthday.

Reggie: We can't here you Ray.

Ray: It's for Julie's birthday.

Luke looks up from his song book and looks at Ray. Ray knows what was going through his head and what he wanted. He nods yes and Luke flashes out with tears in his eyes.