~ Chapter 10 ~

Luke's POV ~

   Luke flashes into the garage

I've always had one goal in life, to make it big in music. I focused everything on that. Nothing got in the way, school, girls, boys, none of it. I always had the guys beside me, but it was never a distraction. I worked so hard my whole life and got killed by a hotdog, but life gave me a second chance. And what did I do with that, I got attached to a girl that I could never have only to have her break me instead. That might sound normal for regular teenage boys, but not me. I never get attached and I mean never. It would be a semi flirt or a small fling, but nothing major. The longest thing I had was with Alex, but we were always better as friends. All dating did was get in the way, but JULIE was different sh-

Alex: Luke are you ok?

Reggie: Yea, you just flashed in and stood there.

(Luke looks up at them with a numb expression)

Alex: What happened with Julie?

Luke: (says super quite) S-sh-she quit the band.

Reggie: What, you have to speak louder. I might look 17, but I have the hearing of an old man.

Luke: S-she quit the band.

Alex: Did I hear that right, because it sounded like you said "she quit the band"

(Luke looks back down)

Reggie: No, you must have heard her wrong, Julie would never quit the band.

Alex: Why?

Luke: Her happiness. (he says as he is tearing up)

Reggie: Julie loves the band, we do make her happy. Right?

Luke: She did it for us! She saw how happy we were that people could see us when we played with her, so she joined. Now she wants to do something for her. Without me.

Alex: Luke you know s-

Luke: No Alex, god how could I have been so stupid!

(Luke sits on the couch aggressively and puts his head in his hands)

Alex: How were you stupid, you didn't do anything?

Reggie: Yea, it's not your fault you fell for her.

Luke: I didn't just fall for her s-! (Takes a breath) Yall remember back in the 90's?

Reggie and Alex: Yea. (say confused)

Luke: Music was everything to me. It was the reason I woke up in the morning, the reason I got through most things. I always knew music was there for me.

Alex: Luke what does this ha-

Luke: Wait. I had yall and my parents, but music was always the thing I loved most. It was apart of me. I even ran away from home for music, of course I regret it but I still did it because I couldn't stand the thought of never doing it again.

Reggie: We know that man, b-

Luke: Let me finish, please.

(Reggie and Alex nod)

Luke: Music was going to be my future. I never thought about falling in love or finding my other half, cause I knew no one could replace music. It would always be first. Then we died. And all I thought in that room is how I would never get to perform and move people like we used to. It crushed me to know that my chance was over. Then the universe gave us a second chance to play, and once again music was there for me.