~ Chapter 9 ~

Julie's POV ~

Luke: Julie?

Oh no.

Julie: Thanks for the date Nick. I'll see you at schools tomorrow. Bye.

Nick: Yeah bye. (Kisses her)

Julie: (Kisses back)

Nick leaves

Luke: Julie?

This will be fun to explain.

Julie: Oh hey Luke. I wish I could talk, but I have to go study bye.

As I'm walking to the house I can here Luke in the back calling me. I want to talk to him I do, I just can't.

In Julie's room

Luke flashes in

Luke: Julie, can we talk?

Julie: Ahh! Luke! I told yo-

Luke: I know "I have to study", but I really need to talk to you.

Julie: About?

Luke: You know what.

Yea, I know. He won't like my answer though.

Luke: Julie, I-I don't understand. The other day y-

Julie: What Luke?

Luke: When did you and Nick get together? It just doesn't make since.

Julie: Why? What does it matter? And I've liked Nick since 5th grade.

Luke: I- um, the other day you- you said you loved me. Wh-what was that.

Julie: Of course I love you as a friend.

Luke don't make that face. Your killing me.

Luke: Uh yeah of course, but what was the I'm sorry about? And then you just ra-

Julie: Yeah I need to talk to you about that. Uh- um I- I'm quitting the band.

Luke: WHAT?!?! Why, you love the band? This is a joke right? I-I. Julie.

Julie: It's not a joke, and I do, I love the band. But I didn't do it for me. I did it for you, and Reg, and Alex. Yall were so happy that people could see you and I couldn't say no. I did that for you, but this is for me, for my happiness.

Luke: I thought I was! That we were, where did this come from. (sobbing)

(Luke walks to grab Julie's hands but she pulls away)

Julie: No! Luke, I'm sorry, it's over. Now I have to study, please go.

Luke: Julie, please.

Julie: Please go.

Luke flashes out

(Julie falls on her bed crying)

Flashback

Julie's POV ~

Before the gig on Friday

(Julie is by herself  getting ready)

Knock Knock

Julie: Come in.

Nick walks in

Julie: Nick!

Nick: Not quite. You don't know me, but your boy toys do. (smirks)

Julie: Caleb. H-how, why? 

Nick(Caleb): Not important, but that's not why I am here. I need you to stay away from the boys for me.

Julie: And why would I do that. There my band.

Nick(Caleb): If you don't, I can zap them out of existence with the snap of my fingers.

Julie: You wouldn't do that, you need them?

Nick(Caleb): No, you see I need them working for me, or well not "working" at all.

Julie: Just leave them alone.

Nick(Caleb): Umm, no. So here's the deal, you need to stay away from MY band. Cut ties with them. Especially Luke. I know yall are close. 

Julie: How do you expect me to do that. There my best friends.

Nick(Caleb): I can solve the Luke problem.

Julie: He's not a problem! None of them are.

Nick(Caleb): You will stop showing any interest in Luke. Don't give him hope. Make him feel like you don't care.

Julie: B-but I-I lo-love him. (says through sobs)

Nick(Caleb): Oh I know, and I know he loves you to. That's why you are going to well start showing a little more interest in my little friend Nick here.

Julie: Your insane. I-I can't do that, That would brake me, and my band.

Nick(Caleb) That's what I'm counting on. And you will or your mother won't be the only thing you'll be missing.

Julie: (sobbing) Let me do this last gig with them. Please, so I can say goodbye.

Nick(Caleb): Fine.

(He leaves Julie alone)

(Julie sits in her room crying until the show)

End of flashback