Chapter 14

"I'll wait forever Sarah because" he takes a deep breath "Never mind it's not important," He says calmly.

"No, what were you about to say? Tell me please" I say

"Its nothing," he says calmly

"If it's nothing then you would tell me," I say trying to make him tell me

"I love you, Sarah," he says looking at my eyes.

I'm completely speechless I feel the same way but I don't want to see my best friend broken like that and people tell me to stay away from him but I just cant there's something about him I can't get my mind off him... I love him.

"Sarah?" he says interrupting my thoughts. "I'm sorry I know that was too soon but I do, I do love you and I will wait forever for you," he says getting up.

I wanted to stop him and tell him I love him too but I can't, I can't hurt my best friend, my parents would be disappointed in me for liking him, for loving him... I can't risk all of that for him I'm sorry.

He leaves my dorm and I can hear him going to his own. I feel bad. I want him. only him. but I can't have him because Bailey has him and that's ok. I sit down on my desk and write a letter.

"Dear mom and dad

I'm doing well here. its pretty fun but I would so rather be at mystic falls with you guys, I miss you guys so much and tell uncle Stefan I miss him too, I found a guy I actually like but that's a secret until I come back I really hope you guys are doing good I really miss you guys. I hope I get to see you guys soon

much love, Sarah.

I hand the letter to my owl and tie it loosely on its leg and I watched it as it flew out my window and disappear into the clouds, after that, I flop on my bed and grab my remote a couple of minutes later I hear a knock at my door "Omg can't I get through one episode without someone knocking at my door" I say quietly to myself I get up and answer the door.

"Sarah I ended it." I hear a voice say

It's Tom "Tom I told you not to! Is she okay? Was she crying? I have to go check on her!" I say about to leave but I felt a slight pull on my wrist he pulls me back so we are face to face

"She's gonna be okay just relax." He says really close to my face, there was an awkward silence for a little while and then he kisses me and I wrap my legs around his waist and we start doing the dirty under the sheets, after a while we are still going until someone comes into my room and I immediately put the covers over me.

"I can't believe you," The voice says

I look up and realize it's Bailey "Oh shit-" I say but she rushes out of my dorm crying "Bailey wait!" I say as I rush and put on some clothes. "I told you not to, now look what you did!" I say now buttoning up my shirt and leaving running after Bailey "Bailey wait please let explain!"

She stops and turns around to face me "What is there to explain?! My boyfriend dumped me for you right after I told you about us, what have I ever done to you except for sticking by your side every day through everything?!"

"Bailey I-" I try to say something but nothing else comes out my mouth I didn't know what to say

"Did you to date when I was still with him?" she asks

"Yes but he didn't-" She doesn't let me finish

"Wow, so your basically just a slut?" She says clearly angry now

"Bailey please don't say that," I say tears filling my eyes

"Whatever Sarah go be with him i don't care at this point, you deserve him." she says as she walks away

I quickly rush to my dorm so no one could see that i was crying. I also completely forget that Tom was still in there and i go in there crying.

"What happened" i hear him say

i quickly wipe away my tears "It's nothing but you should go."

"What why?" he says confused.

"I just need some time alone right now so please just go" i say.

"ok ok fine. i'm leaving now" he gets up, gets dressed and leaves.

i lye on my bed still crying "She hates me now my best friend hates my cause of some stupid guy we both like! she's more important than him... Cradle to grave. that's our promise so i intended to keep it." I fall asleep with my thoughts.