chapter 17

"I should just go to sleep," I say wiping away my tears 

"Do you want me to come in and comfort you?" He says softly 

"No, I'm okay, thank you though," I say quietly 

"Okay then goodnight," He says as he gives me my letter back

I grab it and fake smile "Goodnight." 

He leaves and I close my door knowing exactly what to do next, I pack everything up in boxes and look out my window one last time before I leave. I head out of Hogwarts and look back at the castle one last time before I get on the train.  a couple of hours later I arrive at Mystic falls, I quickly get off the train to be greeted by my best friend Freya. She quickly runs up to me and hugs me.

"Sarah are you okay?" She says still hugging me 

"No, I'm not, where my mom?" I say looking from her back and looking around.

"She couldn't make it but she waiting for you at home," she says finally pulling away from the hug. "So let's get your bags and head home," She says with a comfortable smile.

"Okay let's go," I say trying to smile but it's hard, we go over to my bags and grab them, then we walk to a familiar car and my uncle Klaus is waiting for me, leaning on it.

"Hello love," He says softly as he grabs the bags out of our hands

"Hey, uncle Klaus!" I try to sound happy but it's hard

"Okay, you girls ready to go?" he says

"Yep," Me and Freya say at the same time 

We all get into the car and he starts driving to the Salvatore mansion, we all grab my bags and go inside to be greeted by my mom and uncle Stefan. 

"Hey baby," My moms says softly fighting her tears but I can see the pain in her eyes

"Hey mom" I try to smile "Um I'm gonna go unpack and write a letter to someone" 

"Okay baby," My mom says as she tries to smile 

I grab my bags and me and Freya head upstairs to unpack, I walk past my dad's room, and tears flood my eyes so I run to the bathroom and lock myself in there.

"Sarah?" I can hear Freya out the door "Are you okay?"

I don't say anything and start crying lying on the bathroom floor, I can hear Freya taking a seat next to the door but I don't say anything, a couple of minutes of crying later I get up and open the door.

"Are you sure you want to do this right now? We can do this later if you want." Says Freya as she gets up

"No, I'm fine let's do this now," I say sniffing my nose 

"Okay cmon then," She says as she heads towards my room

We both unpack and put everything away. and I sit down on my desk and Freya is watching TV from my bed. I start writing

"Dear Tommy

Hey, I know you hate it when I call you that but you can't do anything about it because I'm at Mystic falls, I want to be at Hogwarts but my mom and uncle need me right now. I already miss you, I really hope you can understand, and I love you too. I know this doesn't mean much over a piece of paper but I really do, I love you, Tom Marvolo Riddle. I miss you with every part of my heart but I need to be here right now.

Love, Sarah bear."

I tie the letter to my owl's leg and give it a little pat on the head and say "Hogwarts to Tom Riddle" I watch as the bird flies away. "ill be right back Freya." 

"Okay," She says still looking at the TV 

I leave my room and go into my fathers, my eyes automatically fill with tears, I lay down on his bed and I can still smell him. I get up after a while and go to his dresser and take one of his shirts. I put it on and tears start flooding out of my eyes. a couple of minutes later I get .up and go back to my room.

"Where were-" She was gonna say something but she looked down at my shirt "Sarah..."

"I'm okay I promise, I just needed to smell him one more time..." I say tears flooding out my eyes

"Oh, Sarah" She hugs me as soon as she saw one tear fall out of my eye.

I cry on her shoulder imagining how hard it must be for my mom and uncle.

"I'll be right back I'm gonna go check on my mom," I say pulling away and wiping my tears

"Okay," She says as she smiles.