15. Giggles

Akaashi hummed, feeling Bokuto hug him in his sleep. He opened his eyes and smiled. "Mm... what time is it?"

"Like eleven." Bokuto whispered. He took a deep breath and chuckled groggily. "You smell normal now."

"Oh I guess that's good but don't you have work?"

"Nope I called in so i didn't have to go." He yawned. "Emiko is okay too, don't worry."

Akaashi hummed. "I feel better."

"You slept for like twelve hours. I hoped that was enough." Bokuto snuggled closer. "Was it?"

"Mhmm."

"Good."

Akaashi sat up and leaned over, taking Emiko out of her bassinet. The sleeping infant curled up on his chest, perfectly fine. He smiled. "She didn't really cry last night?"

"She did."

"Why didn't I hear it?"

"Magic." Bokuto whispered. He sat up, rubbing his eyes.

Akaashi placed himself in Bokuto's lap and they both looked down at Emiko, watching her little pink colored onesie covered body move slightly as she slept.

"She isn't really that hard to get to sleep. Just make airplane noises and rock her and she's happy."

"Noise makes her happy? That makes sense."

"It does?"

"Yes, it does. She's blind so she can't see us. She must need to hear us to feel okay." Akaashi explained. He smiled as the little girls eyes opened and she whined quietly.

Emiko stretched her arms up, cooing.

Akaashi couldn't help but laugh but Emiko stopped and stared in his direction. "Ah she's doing it again."

Bokuto shrugged. "She's just listening to you. She does that with me when I pick her up."

"I need to be more careful then." Akaashi sat up some and kissed Emiko's forehead. Emiko made another soft cooing noise, curious. "Hey there princess. It's just me."

Bokuto laughed. He kissed Akaashi's hair. "Mommy isn't so tired anymore. Both of us will give you lots and lots of love today."

Akaashi hummed. "That's right." He put Emiko against his chest and she started whining. "When did you feed her last?"

"Eight."

"Time for her to eat then…" Akaashi lifted his shirt and let Emiko feed. "So we have to warn her when we pick her up and do a lot of sensory activities. Then she'll become a little used to touch."

"Yep. I warn her already, which is good. I forget a lot though."

"That's okay." Akaashi eased her back up. "There we go."

Bokuto playfully poked Emiko's stomach and she huffed, smiling. "Is that funny to you? Silly." Bokuto leaned forward and let out his own scent. Emiko whined, now wanting the cause of the scent.

Akaashi handed her to Bokuto, who smiled. Akaashi watched as Emiko laid against him, clinging to his shirt. He got up, wanting something to eat.

Bokuto got up and followed him, bouncing Emiko gently. Emiko giggled and both of them paused, looking at her. Bokuto grinned. "She laughed! I made her laugh! Finally!"

Akaashi chuckled. He put his hand on Emiko's back and rubbed gently. "Hey there. I'm going to hold you for a moment, okay?"

Emiko whined as she was taken from Bokuto, wanting to be held properly.

Akaashi put her on his chest. "Shhhh. Shhhh."

Emiko grabbed onto Akaashi's shirt and relaxed. "Mn…"

Akaashi hummed back. Emiko giggled loudly and squirmed. Bokuto's eyes lit up and he hugged both of them. "Aw you two are so cute."

Akaashi looked up. "She's such a gentle grabber."

"Really?" Bokuto poked at her side's, making her giggle quietly. "Silly, silly."

Akaashi sat on the kitchen floor, sitting her up in his arms. Bokuto sat down and hunched over, smiling at her. Emiko stayed quiet. "Koutarou, she needs to hear you."

Emiko stiffened for a second, trying to find the reason for the noise.

Akaashi rubbed her stomach. "It's just me. Don't worry. I've got you."

Emiko cooed and squirmed for a moment. Bokuto leaned down and tapped her feet with his fingers. "Hey there."

Emiko stretched her arms for a moment before whining.

Bokuto kissed her forehead. "It's Daddy. It's okay."

Emiko reached and held his face. "Woo."

Bokuto smiled. "You sound like an owl."

Akaashi leaned Emiko forward and she giggled. "You like that?" Akaashi brought her back towards himself and then to Bokuto. Emiko giggled again, squirming slightly. "Well we found something she likes."

"She's so cute." Bokuto patted her head gently. "Aren't you?"

Emiko spit up into his hand before giggling.

"Oh ew." Bokuto got up and Akaashi laughed.

He turned Emiko around and smiled at her. "You are so strange."

Emiko spit up again, this time on Akaashi's shirt. Bokuto snickered. "You were saying?"

"Koutarou."

"Right, right." Bokuto took Emiko and put her on his chest. "Go change."

Akaashi changed into a looser shirt and some jeans before coming back and taking Emiko again. He sat back on the floor and Bokuto made them something to eat.

Emiko huffed and squirmed and whined, getting the attention she wanted. Bokuto whined loudly at her a few times to see what would happen, laughing when she'd grunt at him.

"You two are noise makers, I swear." Akaashi put Emiko on her stomach for a moment, rubbing her back. The child whined at him, wanting back up. "Hush, hush. You need this."

After that and Akaashi swaddled her and got her to fall asleep. Emiko laid on his lap and Akaashi laid across Bokuto's legs. Bokuto rubbed Akaashi's hair and smiled. "Hey hey hey…"

"Mm." Akaashi put his arms up and yawned.

Bokuto chuckled and leaned down to kiss his head. "You okay?"

"Mhmm. Just thinking."

"About?"

"Well it's a been a month since I've had her and I'll have my heat soon. What do I do with Emiko? She can't stay here during that."

"Yamaguchi and Tsukishima can take care of her for practice. We'll teach them how to hold her and stuff." Bokuto patted Akaashi's stomach. "It won't be that bad."

"Yamaguchi is a clutz and Tsukishima doesn't know how to handle babies…"

"It's okay! I'm a clutz too."

Akaashi sighed. "Fine…"