9. Emotional

"Koutarou!"

Bokuto hurried to get up and go to the younger male. "What's wrong? Does something hurt?"

"No." Akaashi held up an empty egg holder. "We need more."

"Right. Sorry." He got up and picked up his car keys. "Eggs of all things to crave..."

"Koutarou, please don't complain. I'm just going to order some more and some other things..."

"Like?"

Akaashi tensed. "Just uh... some normal things."

"Keiji." He got closer and tried to look at his phone. "Keiji what else are you ordering right now?"

"Nothing much." Akaashi mumbled, turning away.

"Keiji."

"Fine." He turned back. "I'm also having Kuroo drop off leftover baked macaroni and cheese. Kuroo didn't make it, which is the only reason I'm eating it. Kenma made it."

"There's something else on there."

"Cashews. I'm craving salty things."

"You are so... weird." Bokuto laughed and got closer, putting his hands over Akaashi's stomach. "Hey, hey, hey little guy, or girl, be nice to mommy for me, okay? I love you very much but he's not gonna let me have any of Kenma's amazing mac and cheese."

Akaashi groaned. "Koutarou I'll share. Just for the love of God let me order this stuff!"

"Okay, okay." Bokuto kissed his forehead. "Just chill out, okay?"

"Don't tell me to chill out Koutarou. I'll punch the shit out of you if you tell me to chill out." He paused. "Wait, I didn't mean that. I'm so sorry, I would never hit you."

"I get it. It's okay!"

"No it's not, I'm sorry." Akaashi put his forehead against Bokuto's shoulder. "Ah I'm getting emotional."

"It's okay, really." Bokuto rubbed his back. "I love you Keiji."

"I love you too."

"Now, we need to get you into a comforter and on the couch with that weird sad movie you love." Bokuto kissed his forehead and led him to the couch where he wrapped him up and laid him against chest.

"Koutarou?"

"Hm?"

"Can I get-"

"Yep. Read your mind." Bokuto got back up and turned on the stove. "Does your back hurt any?"

"A little bit..."

"I'll give you rubs." Bokuto chuckled. "Here we go..." He walked back over with a cup of decaffinated tea and sat back down. "Anything else before I get comfy?"

"No, no I'm okay."

"Okay." Bokuto pulled Akaashi against his chest. "Mm..."

"You're so warm..." Akaashi smiled and looked up. "You're the best Koutarou."

Bokuto raised his brows. "Are you saying that because you're tired...?"

"No. I'm exhausted but I do think you're the best."

"Aw thank you."

Akaashi nodded. He took a sip of the tea he'd been brought. From then on he was able to relax, knowing Bokuto had him in a safe hold and that Bokuto had a hand on his stomach for comfort.

No one trying to get any of the technically three of them.

****

Oikawa looked up, smiling. "So, how are your folks dealing with their son being pregnant?"

Akaashi shrugged. "No idea."

"What?!"

The ravenette looked up. "What?"

"You didn't tell them?!"

"Oh no. I don't care if they know or not." He yawned. "Did Iwaizumi send me the schedule? Koutarou always loses it."

"Yes but that's not what I'm worried about." Oikawa closed Akaashi's lap top. "You need to tell them."

"No."

"Akaashi, the baby needs grandparents."

"Oikawa, you aren't raising my child. Plus they'll compare me to my older sister, who has four children." He sighed. "If I call them then they'll just say something rude."

"You have to try."

"Right..." Akaashi got up. "I'll be back." He walked to Bokuto's office with his laptop. "Ignore me for a moment, okay?"

"Impossible but okay." Bokuto mumbled.

Akaashi sat down on the other chair in front of Bokuto's desk. He typed up something before a ringing emitted from the device. He took a deep breath.

"Keiji, why are you calling a video chat? We didn't schedule anything for you."

Bokuto looked up. Akaashi forced a smile. "Hey mom."

"Yes hello. What is it?"

"I have big news... um... Koutarou and I are going to have a child. Kind of soon." He took another deep breath. "How do you feel about that?"

The woman on screen frowned. "How far along are you?"

"Um... twenty four weeks."

"Your sister had her youngest at 24 weeks. He was a tiny thing. So cute."

Bokuto took in a deep breath. Akaashi looked up and shook his head. "Do you not care?"

"I'm surprised you were fertile enough to get one to stay that long. Although there's still a possibility for a miscarry at this stage. At least that way you don't have to be a little omega parent. You and your awful mate."

"Please don't call Koutarou awful. He's been so kind to me... please don't say anything about miscarriages either..." Akaashi's hands shook in his lap. "We worked really hard to get here."

"The only thing you worked on was getting your ass open for Bokuto. Now hurry up talking. There's a new show on the TV now about a bachelor or something."

Akaashi frowned. "Why would you mention me miscarrying?"

"All the others died. Why not this one too?"

Bokuto got up and circled the desk. He sat next to Akaashi. Akaashi's mother frowned. Bokuto glared. "I'm not supposed to say this because it's rude and Keiji would get a little upset but fuck you lady."

Akaashi tensed. "Koutarou she's-"

"No, no." Bokuto took a deep breath. "We've been working on this for two years and he's miscarried three times. He's gone through so much pain just to get here. The child that's in his stomach is ours. Mine. And Keiji is my mate. I would do anything in my power to protect him and my pup."

Akaashi cringed. "U-um Koutarou I have a bit of an issue right now."

Bokuto turned. What's wrong?"

"Leaking."

"Ah shit okay. Just go onto your nest and get ready, okay? I'll finish here." He kissed Akaashi's hair.

Akaashi hurried out. When he got to his nest he had to sit there, waiting. He hated sitting by himself without Bokuto now. He was clingier than normal with the need for a mate.

Bokuto understood though and went to him everytime he needed.

Just like now. Bokuto came to him and eased him into his own lap and tended to him. Even after that Akaashi laid there, trying to ignore the words of his mother.