24. You

Akaashi glanced at Bokuto, who was picking at his food. He leaned over and kissed Bokuto's cheek. "Go ahead. You can do it."

Bokuto nodded. He took a bite before sighing. "Not hungry."

"No, no you barely ate this morning. You need to eat."

"Nooo." Bokuto whined. "I'm not hungry!"

Akaashi moved his arms and sat in his lap. He held Bokuto's face in his hands. "Breathe on my face."

"Ew."

"Just do it." Bokuto blew out and Akaashi glared. "Peppermint. Smells like gum. Have you been chewing gum?"

"No. I stole a peppermint from the front desk cause I like the little spiral things."

Akaashi chuckled. "Dork." He kissed Bokuto's forehead. "I love you."

"I love you!" Bokuto brought Akaashi down and kissed him. "Mwah!"

Akaashi chuckled. "Thank you."

Bokuto started peppering his face with kisses, smiling. Akaashi laughed, loving the feeling and fact that Bokuto was being affectionate.

"Mm… okay I'll leave you alone now."

Bokuto hummed. "Good luck."

Akaashi got up and walked out of Bokuto's office, content. Bokuto was practically the worst at lying.

Bokuto watched the door shut before opening a drawer, pulling out a pack of gum. He popped two into his mouth, frowning. "Sorry Keiji… I know I promised…"

****

Sugawara hummed to himself, waiting for the printer to finish.

Akaashi walked over and tapped his arm.

"Hm?" He turned and smiled. "Hey!"

Akaashi nodded. "I need some help."

"You're pulling your fingers. What's wrong?" He whispered.

"I think Koutarou is stopping himself from eating. I noticed it... He even lied about chewing gum when I went to his office for lunch."

Suga blinked. "Okay… what is it that you want me to do?"

"H-he just went into the bathroom…"

"Don't panic. I've got it. Stay outside the bathroom." Suga hurried to get into the bathroom. When heard crying he blocked his scent to stop his anxiety from being present. "Bokuto?"

The crying stopped for a moment. "What is it?"

"Bokuto can you come out of the stall for me? I promise I'm not mad or anything."

"A-ah no I don't think I should."

"Hang on." Suga left the bathroom and took a deep breath. Akaashi looked at him, worried.

"Did he…?"

"Yes. I think. Go in there and try to comfort him. I don't want to risk getting growled at."

Akaashi nodded. "I don't-"

"Hey hey hey! Keiji!" Bokuto got out of the bathroom and hugged Akaashi. "Hey sweetheart! Whatcha doing gossiping in front of the bathroom?"

"Koutarou…"

"Hm?"

"Did you just throw up?" Akaashi whispered. "Are you okay?"

"Don't be silly. Of course not." Bokuto smiled.

Akaashi growled loudly at him. It wasn't his teasing growl. Suga backed up, hating the sound. Bokuto's brows lowered.

"Fine you found me out. I got bad again. Whoopie." He walked off. "Leave me alone about it jeez…"

"Koutarou Bokuto turn your ass around come back here right now."

Bokuto froze. "I hate it when you talk to me like that…"

"Come here. Right now."

Bokuto turned back around and went back to Akaashi.

"Don't tell me to leave you alone." Akaashi opened his arms. "Come here."

Bokuto hugged Akaashi, obviously upset.

"Now, what did I tell you last time this happened?"

"My body is for me."

"What else?"

"I need to eat to be healthy..." Bokuto paused. "I need to be healthy for Emmy and you now…"

"Right." Akaashi rubbed his hair. "Come on."

Bokuto followed him back to Akaashi's office. Akaashi pulled a metal container out of a drawer. He set it in front of himself. He picked up a folder and a pen. "That's for you."

Bokuto sat in the chair across from Akaashi. "Uh… thanks?"

"Mhmm." Bokuto picked up the chopsticks.

Akaashi heard him pick up something from the bento. He smiled subtly. He started filling out his work. "The daycare says that Emiko is getting a lot stronger now.

"Really?"

"Mhmm."

Bokuto smiled, subconsciously bringing more food to his mouth. "She's so cute. Yesterday she did the little milk drunk thing and fell asleep on me again and it was so adorable."

"She's getting better at trying to turn over and things like that."

"That's awesome!" Bokuto covered his mouth. "I can't wait until christmas."

"Why's is that?"

"Because it's her first Christmas!" Bokuto smiled wide. "She's not gonna remember it but she's here for Christmas."

Akaashi nodded. "Yep. We're gonna do the pictures too."

"Yay!"

The raventte looked up, chin in hand. He smiled. Bokuto smiled back, mouth full.

****

Akaashi looked up from his paper work, confused by the strong smell of anxiety. He got up and opened the door. Bokuto stood there, his hand were the handle would have been if the door was closed.

"O-oh hi."

"You okay?"

"N-no."

Akaashi gently took his hands. "Deep breaths. Are you having an anxiety attack?"

"No."

"What happened?"

"Someone from upstairs... I just… oh God I'm going to get fired."

Akaashi tilted his head. "Why is that?"

"He's unconscious."

"Koutarou what did you do?!"

"I punched him in the jaw!" Bokuto started shaking.

"Koutarou I told you about using violence. You can't do that. Even if someone calls you something or insults you, you need to walk away and ignore them, even if it makes you that angry."

"It wasn't me! They weren't making fun of me!"

"Who then?"

Bokuto blinked. "You… they were making fun of you…"