44. Pain

Bokuto rushed into the hospital, worried sick for his mate. He hurried to the front desk. "Do you guys have Keiji Akaashi-Bokuto?"

"Yes sir. Are you his mate?"

"Yeah! Is he okay?!" 

"He's in labor right now. We need to-"

"Yeah the shot. Sorry for stopping you but quickly give it to me."

"Yes sir." The nurse stood and walked around the desk. She gave him the shot. "This one is a lot stronger than what we usually give out because of his pain and how he's giving birth."

"This is different?"

"He has to go natural at this point."

Bokuto gulped. That's not they wanted. He was brought to Akaashi, who was laying on a hospital bed and trying to take deep breaths. Bokuto hurried to him and held his hand. "Keiji."

"The pain medications won't work." Akaashi whimpered. 

Bokuto furrowed his brows. "Do you want me to try my scent?"

"I-I don't think it'll work... it hurts... so bad..." Akaashi started crying. 

Bokuto internaly panicked for a moment. He let out his scent some, leaning over and holding Akaashi. "Deep breaths."

"I-I can't."

One of the nurses went to Akaashi, just as worried as the rest of the doctors, only she was showing it. "Keiji, could you put one arm up slightly and take a deep breath?"

Akaashi did this, shaky. He winced. "C-can I... please..."

Bokuto wiped away Akaashi's tears gently. "Keiji."

Akaashi looked at him. He seemed terrified. 

Bokuto kissed his cheek. "I've got you and the doctors do too. You'll be alright, I promise."

"I don't think I will..."

"I know. It's probably very scary. But the doctors know what to do and all we have to do is listen."

"Push!"

Akaashi nearly screamed as he tried to push. He sobbed, not wanting to do this anymore. "Can I just be put under? Please I can't... I can't do this..."

"You're almost there." One of the nurses reassured. 

Akaashi had to push again. He cried out, feeling more and more pain build up. "It's gonna tear! Please I can't!" Bokuto held Akaashi's hand firmly. He tilted his head towards himself. Akaashi sighed shakily. "I-I'm scared."

Bokuto looked towards the doctors. One of them looked up. "He's almost there. At least three more pushes."

"Hear that Keiji? It's okay."

"I'm going to pass out." Akaashi whispered. Bokuto looked at the nurse. She hastily gave him a bottle and Bokuto got Akaashi to drink. Bokuto patted his cheek, trying to keep him focused. Akaashi closed his eyes and let go for a moment. 

"Keiji!"

Akaashi startled awake and stared. "I'm here, I'm here."

"Good. I would hope so."

Akaashi had to push again and was allowed to scream again. 

"Hey it's only-"

"Koutarou I love you but please shut up-!" Bokuto ignored that the comment kind of made him upset. He kissed Akaashi's forehead. Akaashi looked at him again, tears streaming down his cheeks.