33. Removed

"Ah, Akaashi. You feeling any better?" Suga questioned, smiling.

Akaashi nodded. "Slightly."

"Good! Emiko good?"

"She still asks for him…" Akaashi mumbled. "It kind of hurts but it's fine."

"Ah…"

"I might get my mate mark removed so this stops affecting me." He tossed a pen down and yawned. "Less painful."

"Woah! No that's not a good idea!"

"Why?"

"Because that shit is painful! I had to get mine removed for safety reasons and that hurt!"

"Okay…?"

"Don't do that. And I think you're heartbroken. It's not just the bond."

Akaashi shrugged. "Any father that doesn't bother to call on his daughter's birthday isn't a real father. I'm sick of it at this point."

"Kashi your dad doesn't call."

"My mother doesn't allow him to."

"Bokuto might not be able to call. I'm sure he's okay." Suga tried to reassure. "Just don't remove that mark."

"Fine." Akaashi turned to his laptop. "But if he doesn't at least try to call within two weeks the mark goes."

"Okay."

Sugawara sat up and huffed. "Hang on I'm getting a call from Oikawa."

"Answer it then."

"I- hey don't be a bitch. I'm not being mean to you."

Akaashi looked at him, not impressed.

Suga answered the call. "What do you want?"

"I need help! Iwaizumi is gonna fucking kill me!"

"Fun. Why?"

"Okay more like my mom too! Fuck!"

Sugawara rolled his eyes and looked at Akaashi. "Drama queen much?"

Akaashi set down his pen.

"Anyways what'd you do?"

"HAJIME GOT ME FUCKING PREGNANT! MY MOM IS GOING TO FUCKING KILL ME SUGA!"

"You're literally twenty-eight. Calm your ass down. Why would she kill you?"

"Because she said she's gonna shoot me and Iwa if I get pregnant before I'm thirty-four."

"Well then…" Suga got up. He gestured for Akaashi to follow him. They both walked downstairs. "That's not good. Do you see her all the time?"

"We meet in like a month and I can't say no to this meeting cause I keep ghosting her and she's getting mad. She's fucking crazy I swear to God."

Suga hummed. "Can you come over? Like now so I can help?"

"Uh. Sure?"

"Okay. Good. Thanks." Suga hung up. He looked at Akaashi. "Got any ideas?"

"Plan b?"

"Nah that shit's expensive." Suga scratched the back of his neck. His eyes widened. "Wait. His scent would have changed by then."

"I have scent blockers."

"Good! That'll work."

Akaashi nodded. He spotted Yuichi scribbling on a piece of paper. "What's he doing?"

"Yuichi." Suga walked over. "Hey darling. Whatcha drawing?"

"I'm drawing you and daddy!"

Sugawara chuckled. "That's very nice of you."

Yuichi went back to drawing.

The front door opened and Daichi walked in. He walked over to Suga, kissed his forehead, and grabbed a container from the counter. "Hey."

"Hey. I'll be back in like two hours. I have one more session and then I'll be back, okay?"

"Okay big guy. Let's hope they're not weird."

"Yeah." Daichi kissed Yuichi's head. "Nice drawing buddy. Keep it up."

Akaashi was given a pat on the back before Daichi left. Akaashi just watched Yuichi draw, calmed.

****

Akaashi sat up, sighing. Emiko was crying again. He got up out of bed and headed over to the other room. "Hang on. I'm coming, hang on."

"Daddy!"

"Daddy isn't here right now princess." Akaashi mumbled, walking into her room. He turned on the light before stopping.

Bokuto looked over, calming Emiko back down. "Hey, hey, hey Keiji."

Akaashi took Emiko from him and put her in her crib again before slapping the side of Bokuto's head. "I thought you were dead! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Bokuto rubbed the side of his head. "Ow… let me explain first."

Akaashi brought him into the living room. "What is there to explain?! You left me and our daughter! For four months! I can barely even afford food for her! You missed her first birthday!"

Bokuto backed up a bit. "I know…"

"Then why did you leave? You literally saw me cry and just left me. That ISN'T okay!"

"Keiji. Please just let me-"

"I thought you had killed yourself. I couldn't sleep. Even smelling your scent on things made me upset. Why would you do that to us?"

Bokuto went quiet. He just sat there. For some reason, this didn't seem like Bokuto.

"Koutarou."

Bokuto looked up. Then back down. "I'll just show you then I guess." He pulled his sleeves up to show three deep marks on both wrists over the veins, healed. "I tried. So yeah. I wasn't allowed to call."

Akaashi took a deep, shaky breath. "Oh no…" He leaned down and hugged Bokuto tight. "I'm so sorry."

"I should say that…"

"You should but not right now…"

"Eh. You went through more. Don't worry about it." Bokuto rubbed his back. "Sorry for being so late too. I picked some stuff up for you guys but it's not gonna make it better."

Akaashi just held on.

Bokuto backed up slightly. He kissed Akaashi's forehead. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "I love you."

"I love you too..." Akaashi put their foreheads together and stayed there.

Bokuto reached up and wiped away his tears. "Ah I'm making you cry again. Sorry about that."

"No, no I'm just glad you're back."

Bokuto hummed. "Well time to get back to bed."

Akaashi got up and held Bokuto's hand, walking back to their room. He rearranged the blankets and Bokuto changed quickly. He got into bed, holding Akaashi to his chest.

"Hey can we agree about something?"

"Mhmm."

"Neither one of us can handle yelling and we're not yelling at each other anymore."

"Agreed."

"Good." Bokuto kissed his hair.

"Hang on." Akaashi turned around so Bokuto was spooning him. "Okay there."

Bokuto held him around his waist, tired. Akaashi rubbed his hand, calm. Bokuto sniffed of him. "Ah you smell like salt water again."

"I figured so…"

Bokuto yawned. "It'll go back to normal in no time. Don't worry."

Akaashi nodded. He felt Bokuto relax again. He was drifting off. Soon enough Akaashi felt Bokuto give him soft kisses along his shoulders and smiled. "Thank you…" He closed his eyes.