1- Eden

Trigger Warning: Physical Abuse!

Eden James Hillyard
'Just lay down Eden, your fine. You're just overacting. He didn't mean it. Stop being a baby.' I keep repeating in my head as I lay down on my back in Battersea park. It rains super hard. I let the rain hit my body like bullets. This feels way better than what he does. Doesn't it?

I finally let my breathe go shallow as the clouds let out their tears. I let mine out with them. I close my eyes. 'Just breathe' is what reigns in my head. Maybe I don't want to breathe anymore. Maybe I'm tired of breathing. Maybe I don't need to breathe. My breath annoys him. I shouldn't breathe. That's what he wants right?

"Uh love, are you alright? Your laying in the grass while it's raining cats and dogs." A British accent yells, from the sidewalk. I sit up to take a glance at the man who yelled. He was quite attractive. Longer curly dark hair with green eyes.

 Longer curly dark hair with green eyes

We keep eye contact for a few minutes. A woman comes up to him, I turn around and lie back down. I close my eyes again. I hear chatter where the man was standing , but decide to ignore it. A few minutes have passed by now. The rain has lightened up. I get up hoping not to fall. I grab my bag and make a b-line for the sidewalk to leave the park.

As I reach the gate of the park, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around, the man from earlier stands there. Wet as me and breathing heavy.

"Love, you never answered me," He says after he catches his breathe. I keep eye contact with him.

"I'm fine. Excuse me," I turn around but he stops me again.

"You don't seem alright," He says with a bitter tone on his tongue. I'm used to it.

"Well I am, now please excuse me I have things to do," I say finally. I walk away. I turn to the left to make my way to the store. He wanted a few things.

"You were laying there in the rain, someone who does that isn't okay." The man once again approaches me.

"Bloody hell, can't you take a hint? I am fine, I'm just a Pluviophile, and before you ask me what that is. You can figure it out yourself. Now please leave me alone." I tell him. He stands there frozen from my snappy tone. I walk away and head to the store, without interruptions. I get to the store, I grab a basket and make my way through the isles to see the items I need.

"Pluviophile, one who loves the rain," The familiar voice says. I roll my eyes and continue down the isle. The footsteps follow me.

"That explains the rain part but it doesn't explain the reason you were laying there while it was storming. I know I might seem annoying-" I cut him off.

"Very." He laughs behind me.

"But, 'm intrigued." He says as he keeps up behind me.

"Well you can be intrigued by other things. Please leave me alone. You will get hurt." I tell him in all honesty. He furrows his eyebrows and gives me a pointed look. I turn around and make my way to the register with my things.

"What do you mean?" He asks. I roll my eyes again and pay for my items. I grab the bag from the woman and make my way out of the store. He continues to follow me.

"Sir, please do not make me scream." I tell him. He finally gets the hint and steps away.

"The names Harry, Harry Styles." He says. I sigh and turn away from 'Harry'.

"This is not the last you will see of me love." He says. I ignore him and turn down the street and make my way home without an annoying green-eyed man following behind.

| Short Time Skip |

I make my way to the door of the apartment. I unlock the door and walk in. He sits there in his recliner with a beer in hand and his eyes glued to the tv. I sit the items on the counter and put them away.

"Eden!" He yells. I cower back into my shell i'm always in around him.

"Yes?" I say back to him. I do not raise my voice. He taught me that.

"I heard you were out disobeying me," I heard him say. I give his direction and quizzical look.

"Who was the man you were with today?" He asks. Raising his voice slightly.

" I don't know him, he was following me. He said I intrigued him, but I told him to leave me alone. Like you said to do." I told him honestly. He lets out a dangerous laugh.

"You're not intriguing. Do not fucking lie Eden." He says calmly. When he says things calmly I just prepare myself for the beating i'm about to get.

"I'm not lying. I have no clue who he is. I was at the park and-" He stops me and gets up from his seat and makes his way over to me. He throws his beer on the floor for me to clean up later.

"I told you to go to the fucking store and come back," He throws his hand to my face. I stay silent and let the flesh throb and the hard smack.

"Answer me Bitch!" He yells and throws another slap to the other side of my face.

"No, I went to lay in the rain." I tell him. He gives me a dry laugh.

"Your just like your fucking mother." He says.

" I'm sorry dad, I won't lie to you again." I tell him.

"Your right, you won't. Or you will pay for it." He says.

// Author's Note \\

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I know it is a little rough but you figured out who 'he' is and you met Harry and Eden. Now lets see where it goes from here!

-A.L

Treat People With Kindness!