Draco felt his lips tug into a forced smile at the small elf's cheeriness. "Thank you, Dobby..."

"Is Draco alright?" Dobby questioned as he set the tray down on the nightstand.

"Why do you ask?" Draco forced a laugh to avoid the question — the truth was that he didn't know. Sure, he was physically fine.

But knowing that he was now under the command of Voldemort; and knowing that he was now the reason for putting Harry in danger... He wasn't "alright".

He just hoped that it would be better to pretend that everything was okay rather than to admit that he was truly terrified of what the future held for him, his friends and the entire wizarding world.

~ Meanwhile ~

"Oh, you're awake!" Madame Prompfrey cheered as she drew the curtains aside from the small hospital bed.

Harry's head was pounding and a swirling drowsiness settled in the pit of his stomach. "What-"

"Don't push yourself too hard, Harry" Madame Prompfrey warned. "I just need to make a few checks on you and then you can head down to breakfast. Your friends were extremely worried about you."

Harry sat quietly and watched as Prompfrey preformed a couple of spells before scribbling down on her clipboard.

"Drink this after you've eaten, and if you still feel nauseated or dizzy" she trailed off and handed Harry the potion vile. "Feel free to come back for another vile."

***

The moment Harry stepped into the common room, all the Gryffindors watched him with careful eyes.

"What's going on...?" Harry asked quietly and shifted on his feet.

No one answered, but soon Ron and Hermione pushed through the small crowd and latched onto the smaller boy.

"Harry, I'm so glad you're okay" Hermione sighed and held him at arms length to inspect him. "You're still awfully pale, did Prompfrey give you a poti-"

"-yes, 'mione" Harry cut her off. "She did."

"Now move! I haven't seen my best friend since at least a hundred hours ago!" Ron whined dramatically and pulled Harry into a bone rushing hug. "It's good to see you not thrashing and screaming, mate" he chuckled nervously.

"Uh... yeah" Harry muttered nervously at his two friends.

"Sorry, Harry. Ron was just a little worried about you. We all were." Hermione smiled and patted Ron's shoulder. "How about we go to breakfast?"

"Sounds like a good idea..." Harry smiled and looked at his friends. "I'll just change into some fresh robes and I'll see you guys there."

Ron and Hermione nodded and said their quick goodbyes before heading up the stairs.

As Harry was digging through his trunk he found a clean shirt and spare robe. He was on his way to remove his current shirt when he heard a creak behind the door.

"Ron, if you wanted to talk to me about what happened yesterday, I don't-" Harry looked at the door and saw a different red head standing there — a Weasley he was not interested in seeing. "What do you want, Ginny?"

"No need to be so rude" she snickered. "I just wanted to see how you were doing... News has it you had a panic attack in the bathroom."

"A panic attack? That's what they're calling it?" Harry scoffed. "Listen, Ginny, I don't have time for your games right now. And frankly; I'm not interested in what you have to say."

Ginny rolled her eyes and stepped into the dorm. "We both know that's not true, Harry."

"Admit it, you've never felt anything towards Malfoy before the bound. You hated his guts, actually. Have you forgotten everything that happened with us during break? As I recall, you seemed pretty fond of me back then." She smiled innocently, but her eyes reflected the opposite. "I can help you, Harry."

"Help me with what?" Harry scoffed. "There's nothing wrong with me."

"Oh, Harry" Ginny gasped and shook her head. "You and Malfoy... It's not natural; and it's definitely not going to last. Have you ever considered what would happen once word gets out to his parents? What if one of his Slytherin dummies happened to disapprove of your relationship? You know how much that git craves everyone's approval..."

Harry grew quiet.

"Nothing? That's a shame" Ginny giggled. "Maybe you have nothing to say because deep down you know I'm right."

Before Harry could respond, Dean entered the room — he had heard everything. "Get lost, Ginny. Can't you just accept the fact that Harry doesn't want you?"

"This has nothing to do with you, Dean" Ginny scoffed. "So I suggest-"

"-You leave." Dean challenged. "You are in our dorm, after all. And I don't recall Harry here inviting you in."

Ginny frowned and stomped towards Dean before looking back at Harry. "You know I'm right."

And then she was gone as fast as she came. "Don't listen to her, Harry. She doesn't know what she's talking about." Dean smiled nervously.

"Thanks, Dean... But why did you help? We haven't spoken a word since the year began." Harry reasoned.

"True — I just hate homophobes" he chuckled.

"Really? You?" Harry scoffed. "I did not see that one coming."

Dean rolled his eyes playfully and shook his head. "Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're okay. Have a nice day, Harry."

"You too... Dean" Harry smiled and watched as Dean stepped back out the door — a gentle hand extending out to him.

As Harry watched Dean and the mysterious figure disappear, he thought back to Ginny's words... "What happens once word gets out to his parents?

' but what if they'd already found out? '

• • • • • • • • • •

Is Harry having doupts about his relationship?

What is Ginny up to?

What happened during break with Pansy and Theodore; and will Hermione find out the truth?

So many more plots I can actually name but unfortunately I am too tired to do so...

I'm not kidding, it's literally 11:35 am and I just wrote this chapter and the next bonus one too.

On another note: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR READS AND SUPPORT!!❤️