Chapter 9:

Previously on Saving Phoebe:

In the living world, all was quiet at the graveyard, where a forlorn Klaus was standing in front of Phoebe's grave. "I miss you, love." Klaus sighed as he looked at the grave. "I would do anything- anything to have you and Kol back."

"Klaus."

Klaus turned around at the mention of his name and was surprised to see Caroline. His eyes darkened with utter hatred for her.

"It's Phoebe."

Klaus' frowned slightly, his interest piqued.

*****

Chapter 9: 

"Come again?"

"Please, Klaus. You heard me. Phoebe is back."

Klaus chuckled, although his laughter did not meet his eyes. "You honestly think one of my loved ones would come back from the dead and I would not know about it."

"I'm not lying," Caroline sighed. "Please, Klaus. I have no reason to lie."

"Forgive me, sweetheart, but I can think of many reasons you would lie, especially when it comes to Phoebe Mikaelson."

Caroline swallowed hard. "So you don't believe me?"

"Nope." Klaus smirked.

"Fine." Caroline scowled. "Okay. Fine. I'm leaving Mystic Falls."

"Good."

"I-" Caroline did not expect that reaction, "you'll never see me again."

"Am I supposed to care, love?"

"I- I mean it, Klaus, I'm leaving forever."

"Go... forever." Klaus smiled. "You certainly won't be missed by me."

"But... you love me."

"I actually don't," Klaus chuckled. "Whatever gave you that notion? I love my family more. Phoebe was my family." Klaus's tone was now dark as he stared at Caroline. "I lost Kol and Phoebe because of you and your friends. Leave before I rip your pathetic spine out."

"Kl-"

"I said, leave!" Klaus yelled. Caroline sped out instantly and Klaus exhaled as he began to calm down. He sighed as he began to think about the happier time with his family.

*flashback*

"Klaus, I know you can be a bit scary sometimes, but I wanted to say, I am grateful for your help and support with my... my tumour." Phoebe spoke softly. "I don't know how to repay you."

"You are family." Klaus smiled as he placed a hand on Phoebe's shoulder. "There is no need to repay anything, love."

"Thank you." Phoebe smiled as her eyes teared up.

"Hey, don't cry," Rebekah walked towards Phoebe and gently wiped her tears.

"How can I not?" Phoebe sniffed as she looked around the room, where Klaus, Kol and Elijah were watching her. "How can I not cry? You guys- you've shown me more love than my own family did. You know, you've been so supportive of Kol and I and it-" Phoebe exhaled shakily. "It means so much for me, even the fact that you let me stay around your manor."