PLANS📝📝(CHAPTER 2)

YUMI'S POV

"Bro. Let's go out." Mackenzie tried persuading me but its no use. I'm not feeling well right now. I mean, since when did I feel good right? Ever since that day that happened exactly when the clock strikes twelve, I felt nothing but sadness. I always ask myself why do bad things usually happens when the clock strikes twelve? You know, like what happened to Cinderella. "Mackenzie... I'm not in the mood." I said plainly as if there is no life in me. "I'm tired of that excuse." "And so am I." She sighed and exited the room. Been two years after that incident but everything is still evident to me. The pain and the grief is still in there, compact and solid. I don't know why I still can't move on. Michael, when will this pain you gave me fade away? I looked up through the phone and just stared at it. I realized that its already December. Great. One of the occasions I hate the most is coming near. I survived Christmas from the past two years but still, I hate the fact that I could still hear the sound of the clock and carols of the kids roaming around our place. Every time that happens, the pain I am feeling grew more. The pain I am carrying weighs more and more heavier and it continues dragging me down. The pain is like a gravity pulling me down. I feel nostalgic thinking that whenever those times come, i feel like there are flowers on my lungs suffocating me. I feel like I'm on a deep ocean slowly drowning. Since when did I become poetic?

Aishh... This is really stressing me up. As much as I do not want to celebrate  Christmas and just sleep all day long I can't. Why? Well,.... My brother is going home on Christmas eve and so I know for the fact that he would kill me if I did get out of my room. Did Mackenzie went home already? I walked to my window and saw that her car was still parked in front of our house. I was about to go back to bed when I heard shouting and shattering plates or glass of some kind downstairs. I ran quickly to see what happened and looked at them in disbelief. "The heck are you two doing?" I said as I grabbed the remaining Christmas balls in their hands? I grabbed a broom by the storage room and swept all of the broken glasses from the Porcelain Christmas ball they just dropped. "Mind explaining?" I used a very serious tone. That ball they just dropped was one of the balls I use to keep. I never wanted to use it for it has a very big sentimental value to me. "HE" gave it to on our first Christmas together. We put some letters inside. Its like a time capsule but instead of using a box and burying it on the ground we adapted it to the occasion we are celebrating. Every year we inserted new letters. I then saw some pieces of papers by the table near the place where the ball dropped.

I took the papers to my room. There are six of them. I figured that they were the letters we inserted at the ball. There are six of them, three for me and for him. As much as I do not want the pain to get more heavier, I was stupid enough to look through the letters. I opened the one where it has some random symbols written as :

1Y YUMI❤️

This is our first Christmas together baby! I'm proud of us. We managed to escape school barely alive. Hope that this will be a good start for our relationship. Love you as always. Merry Christmas.

Well, that was kind of painful. I then find the next one. It was from the same year but it was his letter.

1Y MICHAEL❤️

Our first Christmas together. Doesn't that sound good. TOGETHER. The word I hope we could use forever. This year was kind of tough for the both of us but hey, were alive! Christmas is one of the most special occasion for me and I'm happy that I would be able to celebrate it with the most special person of my life. Let's celebrate next year's Christmas together, shall we? Love you baby! Merry Christmas.

We didn't really know what each other wrote on the papers so I was kind of shocked by what the letter contains. The way he loved using the word together when he is pertaining to the both of us use to send butterflies on my stomach, but now? Ghawd it sounds sarcastic. It is disgusting enough. I kept the papers away back to the box where the ball use to stay in. I don't want yo throw it away. YET. I'll admit it, I still like him. Maybe that was the reason why I still can't move on.

"Sweetie..." Mom knocked at the door before entering. "Your brother wanted to talk to you." She said and handed me the phone. "Hey..." He said. "Are you ok?" I asked as I saw his eyes not glistening they way it does before. "Aren't I suppose to ask you that?" I sighed and fixed myself to the bed still holding the phone. "Change topic." He said. He was laughing but the gloominess is still evident in his eyes. "Stop it." I coldly said to him making him stop. He raised a brow in me and I just looked at the ceiling. "Yumi..." He said. "Just spill it." "Promise you'll celebrate Christmas this year." He said. "My presence is not needed for Christmas to continue." I said to him. " You can't just keep on hating this season. Please do remember why we are celebrating this occasion." I rolled my eyes on him. "So what exactly are you implying." I said still annoyed. "Just please... Promise me you'll celebrate Christmas this year. This will be the first time in five years that we would celebrate Christmas complete." He's right. But still... How am I suppose to celebrate it when the worst in incidents of my life happened on the same day as my used to be favourite occasions? "I'll think about it." I said and sighed in defeat. "That's good to hear. Don't worry I have a lot of plans on bringing back your Christmas spirits." He said in a high pitch. "I don't like what you're planning." I never like it when he do this plans but I know I cannot do anything so lets just go with the flow. "Well sis, goodbye for now. Just call me whenever you made up your mind. And remember... I don't accept your decline. I reject your REJECTION." I squinted my eyes on him and he just laughed. I bid my goodbye to him and ended the video call. Good luck myself. Hope you'll have fun atleast for a bit....