DATE🥂(CHAPTER 7)

OMNISCIENT POV

The day the two have been waiting for already arrive. Though if you think of it it already had arrive even before they planned to go out. Yumi, still sleepy, ran to her bathroom as soon as her phone alarmed. "Ahhhhh... Why am I nervous?" She said to herself. She quickly dried herself and pick a descent outfit to wear. "Good enough." She said and went in her desk. "A natural look would be fine." After all the cosmetic rituals, she headed downstairs then snatched her phone. There was a new message.

YUMI'S POV

"Morning!" I smiled at his text. I replied back and sat down the couch. My phone then ringed and I looked at the callers id. I smiled before answering. "Hey." He shortly greeted. "Morning." I said. "I'm driving over there now. Probably about 5 more minutes?" I smiled. "How's your morning?" I started a conversation. "It was the best." He said with a chuckle. "How about you? Did you have a good sleep?" "Yepp... I did." I said cheerfully." "I actually got quite nervous a while ago." I said with a laugh. "Oh and I actually asked my brother where he is through a call and I heard a girls voice. Now I'm starting to feel suspicious of him. Do you think he has a girlfriend? But that would be weird since he just went home yesterday. Mom and dad haven't texted yet. They said they might not be able to celebrate new year with me. How about you? Do you have any plans for new year?" I asked. He was silent. The only sound I am hearing was the sound of his car and so as the sound of his surrounding. "Uhmm... Hello? Neoh? You still there?" He was still silent. "Hey... Did I say something bad? Sorry... Neoh..." I said as my voice become shaky.

He was still silent. "Hey... I'm sorry..." I said still worried that I may have said something wrong. "Why did you stop?" He said seriously. Did I really said something wrong? "Look Neoh... I'm sorry." I said. Then all of a sudden... Beeeeeepp. The call ended. Did I hurt him that badly? Aish. What do I do now? What if he really is mad at me? Ahhhhhhhhh... I was too immersed on thinking that I didn't know my tears already escaped. "Ahhhhhh why am I crying." I said as I laugh but my tears is still falling. There it is again. Guess I'm still traumatized from the past. I use to think whether I did something wrong for him to break up with me but I tried hard to do so and checked but no. I found nothing wrong. The only sin that I did was to give all my love and attention that I left nothing for myself anymore.

I kept on crying as the pain of the past comes back again. I felt it again. The darkness that I tried to left on the past is swallowing me again. Everything starts to turn dark. Everything starts to blur. Then I felt someone pulling me. "I'm sorry." He pulled me into his embrace as I burst out in tears. We remained like that for a while as he kept on patting my back and whispering sorry on my ear. It took me a while to calm down and I pulled away from his hug. "I'm sorry." He said again. I breathed deeply as I tried stopping myself from tearing up. "I didn't mean to ignore you a while ago..." He said as he looks at me directly on my eyes. He smiled but I still am sobbing slightly. "I just..." He stopped and held my hand. "I just wanted to hear your voice." Ghahhhhhhhhh... I felt my cheeks burning. I looked down to hide my face but he lifted it using his finger. "Now stop crying ok? We still have to eat breakfast." He said and wiped my tears using his thumb. I smiled at him. "Sorry." I said as another tear escaped my eyes. "Shhhhh it's fine." He said and hugged me again. He smiled to me and pulled me to his car with his arms still wrapped around me.

"Did I really hurt you badly?" He ask still worried. I was just silent lost on my thoughts. "No. It just triggered some memories. Besides, I though you were really mad since the call ended." I said still looking at the window. "Sorry about that. Mybphobe died. I didn't charge it after our talk last night. And also, We have some time." He looked at me. "I never really liked christmas. It was probably the worst." I stopped and sighed. "I'll just be straightforward. I find it useless to sugarcoat things." He looked at me. "He broke up with me exactly as the clock rang." His eyes widened and his mouth formed an 'o'(😧). "I didn't know the reason why would he break up with me. As far as I know I gave him everything I can and did nothing wrong." I stopped again and tried hard not to tear up. "That's why." He said. "It's fine. He's not worthy of your love. Fate probably have better plans for you." I smiled at him and he gave it back too.