SMILE😁😁(CHAPTER 4)

SMILE (CHAPTER 2)

NEOH'S POV

"Bro? You still there? Earth to Neoh?" I was flustered when Niana called to me. "What is it?" I asked. "I said thank you. I like this dress. I thought you'll probably pick a lousy dress. This looks fantastic." She praised. "Actually... I was not the one who picked that." I said with a smile. "Then who?" She said confused. "It was Yumi." She looked at me wide eyes. "You have a girlfriend!! Oh my goshh. Was she the one you were thinking a while ago?" She kept on shaking me. "Stop it." I said annoyed.

"When will you stop." I looked at her. "Not until you tell me who she is. Maybe show a pic?" She said. We are having a lunch with the family. "So?" She nudges again. "I don't know her." I said coldly as I continued eating. "Then how did you know her name?" Could anyone be more annoying than her. "We just into each other. Then I saw her at the mall. She was the one who told me that that dress your wearing is a good one." I answered her hoping that she would finally stop talking. "You like her, don't you?" I hissed and glared at her. "If I say yes would you stop?" I gave up. "So, you do!!!" She squealed. "Mind sharing this discussion of yours?" Mom said as she shoots a glare to us. "Guess what?" Niana said excitedly. "Don't you dare." "Neoh likes someone!!!" I cursed under my breath. "And who's the girl?" mom smiled at me. Before I could open my mouth, my phone vibrated. "Oh, sorry this is an important call." "Is it Yumi?" Niana wriggles her brows and I rolled my eyes on her.

"What is it?" I asked. Good thing when I left to pick my phone, the lunch was done. I was at the park meeting my friend Damian. "Nothing, just want to ask if you will attend the firework show later." I looked at him. "Will you come?" He nodded. "I guess I could. Besides there is nothing going on at the house." He smiled. "Well, it's set. I'll go at your house at 11:30." I looked at him and smiled.

"You look glowing today. Did something happen?" I looked at him confuse. He asked me if I can accompany him for a while. His mom asked him to buy a few ingredients so were here at the grocery store. "Don't I look like this every day." I cheekily smiled at him. "Yeah, but you look more glowing today. Let me guess, you met a beautiful girl, didn't you?" I couldn't stop myself when that thought popped up my mind again. "My boy is in love." I just laughed at him. "What's her name?" "Yumi." I said shortly. "You are totally whipped for that girl." I noticed that I was blushing. "Where and when did you meet her?" "At the café a while ago." He looked stunned when he turned to me. I gave him a 'what' face. "You just met her today?" He looked at me wide eyes. "Since when did you fall for a girl that easily?" I just laughed and continued searching for all the stuffs that are on the list.

"Took you a while to come home." My annoying sister popped out of nowhere as soon as I step my foot inside the house. "Shut it." I palmed my hands to her face. "Did you go on a date with her? Perhaps a Christmas date?" I smiled but hid it quickly. "I went out with Damian." I said before she comes up with more non sense thoughts.

TIMESKIP

The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs quickly fixing my jacket on the way. "Where are you going? It's already 11:30." Mom blocked my way out. "There will be a show and Damian invited me to come." Mom smiled and nodded. "He's just making an excuse. He probably will be going out with his girlfriend." Niana shouted from her room. "Shut it. Your just jealous you cannot go out." I smiled and waved a goodbye to my parents before going out. "I'm ready to partyyyyyy." Damian shouted. I smiled at him amazed that he still has a lot of energy at this time.

The place was kind of crowded when we got there. I mean it was supposed to be crowded since it's a Christmas countdown. There were a lot of couples around I noticed. I looked around and smiled at what I saw.

YUMI'S POV

I went home and lied down the bed. Shopping with Mackenzie was a wrong idea. I can't feel my poor legs. But I still can't stop thinking about Neoh. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." I screamed at my pillow. After two years, my heart had finally took a big leap. Ghawd I don't even care if he has a girlfriend. "Sweetie, are you ok?" Mom suddenly burst out the door. I smiled at her. "Yep, just saw a rat." She nodded. "Your brother will be arriving soon. Aren't you gonna get change to pick him up?" I widen my eyes. My brother is finally going home!

"Where is he?" I asked impatiently. I kept on searching at the arrivals. After a few minutes of searching, I gave up. "Where are you going?" "I'm tired. Just tell him just head home." I said with my droopy shoulders. "You're not going anywhere." "Go away." I threw his arms of. Wait. Him? I turned back and squealed. I hugged him tightly. "Are you sure you're going away?" I giggled at him and apologized with a pout. "I missed you." I said weakly.

My brother has gone away 5 years ago to study at a school at states. Ever since that time, I have been lonely. My brother was the only friend I have. I met Mackenzie a year after my brother went away and that goes the same for Michael. Having my brother back is probably the best Christmas I could receive. Maybe Christmas this year wouldn't be as bad as the others.

We headed home and helped my brother unpack his luggage. "I heard there will be Christmas firework show later." My brother said and I turned my head on him. "You just came back home but it seems like your more updated than me." He laughed and pat my head. "It's fine. So, what do you say?" He asked. "If you want to then let's go there." I replied with a smile. We finished unpacking. Yael also put some gifts under the tree together with mom and mine's gifts.

"Red? How about green?" I asked Yael. "Maybe the green?" He looked at mom. "How about ask your dad?" Mom suggested. "When is he coming home? The show will be starting in a few minutes." I said. "Don't worry I'm home. Stop panicking and the color I prefer is green." Dad answered all the questions as he heads to the kitchen to drink. "Green it is." I said and rushed to my room to wear my green blouse. The show is about to start and I'm excited for it. Mackenzie and her family will also be coming. It's like a Christmas gathering.

The place was crowded. Well, it was supposed to be. It was partly filled with couples but there are some families who attended the event to. There were kids running around. That's cute. We looked around to find a place to sit at. The event took place at a picnic ground and there was a stage set at the front. (You know what I mean? Like a grass floor then there is a stage at the front. The set up is just like the one a MOA located at the Philippines.)

When we found our spot, we sat down there together with Mackenzie's family. Actually, Mackenzie's and my parents are good friends with each other. I was just talking with Mackenzie when I saw someone. I smiled and the person smiled back. They went near and said "Is it ok if we seat with you?" I smiled.... "Sure."