Chapter 14 - Stories on Bit-beasts

Start from the beginning

"I'm scared, Maxy." Tyson's voice was barely a whisper.

" I'm scared at what will happen next. I'm scared of what might have happened if things hadn't gone the way they went. What would have happened if the bullet had found Kai's heart? What if Hillary had no idea about nursing? What if the police hadn't rushed to Kai's room at that time?" He slightly trembled at that thought.

"The police are no-where near to finding the culprits for all this, Maxy. What if they attack Ray next? What if they properly target you the next time? What about Hilary? Why should she suffer,Maxy? Just because she is with us? She isn't even a bey-blader. Why should she be dragged into our mess? " a fresh wave of tears start.

"You all are my best friends, Maxy. This team is my family. I should be able to protect it,  but not being able to do so frightens me every time I think about it." he admitted.

I didn't know what to say to this. We are Tyson's family. He trusts us so much to stay with him when he needs us the most. What would I do when I will have to choose between a chance to become the world champion myself or continue being a part of the defending Champions? What would he do if the Blade Breakers part ways? All the three of us have a home team to join. But what about him? Can I ever think of doing it without feeling guilty? I was once again thrown out of my thoughts as Ray took over.

"Everyone of us is going through a hard time, Tyson. And we will emerge from it unsacked, stronger  and united than ever. We all will look out for each other and will not let these attackers see the satisfaction of us breaking. And as soon as we lay our hand on them, I will make sure to stuff their mouths with a whole bottle of the strongest and the spiciest of shezuan sauce ever made. " he says, head held high, keeping his hands firmly at his hip.

I and Tyson glance at each other, eyes wide open in bewilderment, and a nod confirmed that we were indeed on the same page.

I ask "Did you just make a joke, Ray?" Realisation dawned on him on the extent of his actions, his cheeks turning slightly pink due to disbelief.

"What?!!  That's not possible- I - why would I even think about it?"

Tyson grinned cheekily "The level-headed Ray is getting influenced by his stupid cute friends."

I join him "Serious Ray is getting influenced by his idiot-little friends. la-lala-la" and gave each other a high five.

Ray stuck out his tongue to us and threatened "Shut up both of you and follow me. If one word of this goes out, you will be on the receiving end of the Shezuan sauce along with the other culprits " and turned around to exit the park,  the two of us following closely behind.

******

Tyson's POV

After a few minutes of constant cursing by Ray, and non-stop giggling from me and Maxy, we finally reached the hospital. Before entering, Ray turns back at me, his gaze questioning. "You said something about arguments with Hillary? Where you referring to the one that took place today or is there something else we should know? "

Max also looked at me with concern. I bit my lip but answered quickly to avoid suspicions "No, Ray.  I was just talking about today's... "

He gaze lingered on me for a minute, trying to detect a lie, his eyes boring into mine as though searching for confirmation there. He then nodded and we made our way inside.

Max, not giving our exchange a second glance, exclaimed "Let's find Hilary soon then, I'm starving!!"

******