0.5 | Elastic Heart

▝▝ //chapter; five//

0.5 Elastic Hearts

Because Sienna McCall had the name Reckless tacked to the back of her name, she sometimes believed she had to oblige to that title to please everyone's expectations. She felt as if she didn't screw up like everyone expected her to, she would disappoint people again and ironically enough the reckless teenager didn't exactly enjoyed it unless she gained something from it, and that's when she realised she in fact could.

It then started to become more of a lifestyle and she blamed it on never having been thought right from wrong when in all honesty it was to gain attention from her father, something else she refused to agree on.

Once she lived up to people's expectations whilst they bore her about how reckless she is with their disapproving looks, Sienna would always try to ignore the pang in her chest and the somersaults her stomach would make because she knew she brought the problem upon herself, it was always her fault and her father would never even try to notice how much his daughter had been suffering.

Therefore, when Sienna arrived at what she was meant to call her 'home' which she refused to call it at the moment and met her outraged mother waiting for her at the front door, shocked the young McCall.

Conflicted, Sienna quickly acted upon her reckless instinct. Instantly casting back a cold glare at her mother ignoring the feeling in her stomach that someone actually cared to wait for her and yell at her for it and not because she threw a party and got drunk.

The outrage appearance from Melissa McCall was enough for anyone to squirm and crawl back into a corner but it didn't faze her daughter considering she had seen various disappointed looks although Melissa's had to rank at least number two on her list of intimidating glares. It just didn't fit Melissa and seeing a person who was normally meant to smile be angered was actually quite horrifying for anyone.

"Where have you been?" Melissa questioned, her brows furrowing worriedly as she watched her daughter scoff at her question. Melissa honesty didn't know what to do with Sienna, she understood that Sienna had every right to be angered by the decision she made when she was younger but leaving school and roaming around an unknown town wasn't what Melissa signed up for.

When Scott called claiming he couldn't find his sister in school, Melissa's heart dropped instantly. She immediately decided to call the police but for some reason unknown to Melissa, Scott had stopped her assuring her Sienna was going to come back. It took a lot of convincing for Melissa but she finally gave up believing it was probably a twin thing if it even existed.

When she was about to lose all hope, Sienna had walked through the front door and like mother like daughter Melissa reacted on instinct, her anger viewing through unintentionally. She didn't have time to understand why Sienna would do that, her tired and terrified mind to scattered to comfort her daughter instead. Simply, Melissa was being a mother.

"I was just out." Sienna mumbled whilst she peeled off her leather jacket. It had started to rain and Sienna couldn't deny she danced around for a while whilst blasting trouble by Halsey in her ears. She was glad about the bit of New York sky, California had to offer and she couldn't help but take the advantage.

"Just out?" Melissa exclaimed before she sighed breathlessly, rubbing at her temples to cool herself down. Sienna had been gone for eight hours, it wasn't like she taken a walk in the park.

Sienna folded her arms, trying not to feel bad about causing Melissa so much stress after twenty four hours of living with them. Melissa started to rethink her decision about letting Sienna go to school, considering she was new to the town so it was probably not the best decision to ship her off to Beacon Hills high school so quickly. She just wanted Sienna to feel comfortable and welcomed to Beacon Hills as much as possible but went around it the wrong way.