NINETEEN. only you and you alone

Start from the beginning

"I can't stop him. He owns my soul. All right? He owns everybody's soul at that club. If he even knew I was here talking to you, he would destroy me."

"So if we don't join his club, the weird power outage thing continues until there's no power left at all?" Reggie asked.

"Yes."

"What exactly happens when the power goes out?"

"That's... That's it. You're done."

"Uh-huh. Yeah. And what exactly do you mean by "we're done"?"

"You just... You don't exist... anymore. Not anywhere."

"What?" Alex asked.

Luke came forward, "So, we have no choice? We have to say goodbye to Julie and Lennon, give up everything we've built together, and work for Caleb? That's some club you guys got going on."

It was pretty evident that Luke was pissed off with the whole situation. They all were, but Luke had just, sorta kinda, ( not really ) gotten his emotions out with Lennon and now he was probably gonna disappear out of nowhere.

"But there is another option. That's why I'm here."

"Another option?" Alex asked.

"Just please hear me out." Willie begged, "All right. If you guys could figure out what your unfinished business is, you do it in time, you could cross over and be free from all of this."

"Okay. So what's our unfinished business?" Luke asked.

"I don't know, but since you, all died
at the same time, it might be something you need to do together."

Alex sighed, "Why should we listen to a word you say?"

"Because I care about you, Alex. And I hate that I brought you... and your friends into this mess."

Willie sighed. He knew all of them were angry at him. They had every right to be.

"There is, uh, there is one more thing."

This was only going to make things worse.

Luke rolled his eyes, "What else? Can't be worse than this."

"It's Lennon."

Alex and Reggie took quick glances at each other and finally looked at Luke.

"What about Lennon?"

Luke bit his tongue as he waited for a response.

"Where does she live?"

Luke furrowed his brows and stepped forward, "Now why would I take you, of all people, there?"

"Is she feeling the jolts?" Alex asked.

"It's different for her. If we could just go-"

"No." Luke smiled.

First, it was the jolts within him and his friends and now his soulmate. Why would he even allow Willie to step foot near Lennon's house?

"Luke, I think it's best if we see what's going on. I think Lennon might need help."

Luke faced Reggie, "Do you guys know something I don't?"

Obviously, they knew something he didn't. They couldn't quite tell what it was, but they knew something was wrong with her.

"If you take me to Lennon's I can explain more." Willie said.

Luke let out a breath and poofed away.

Alex and Reggie sighed. It should've been a thing they brought up to Luke, but they didn't know how to approach it in conversation, especially since they had only once.