THIRTEEN. the casper hand thing is our forever thing

LUKE WATCHED as the candle flame danced back and forth

LUKE WATCHED as the candle flame danced back and forth. His eyes darting from Lennon and the cupcake.
no

He hadn't expected anything from her as he didn't even know until minutes ago that he was coming here.

He took a couple of small steps forward, the unfamiliar song still playing in the background as he blew the candle out gently.

She gave him a small smile and sat the cupcake down on the table.

Her messy bun, now flopped to the side, cupcake batter all over the kitchen island, the bits of dried frosting on her face from trying to wipe the previous stains also on her face.

"Thank you."

She gave him a soft nod. She was scared to start a conversation with him. Things were different. They both knew that.

Luke knew he was an idiot leaving Lennon alone with Carrie in the gym to literally cry in her arms. Luke knew he was an idiot leaving Lennon alone without telling her how he felt, knowing that she said she liked him.

He left her to deal with her emotions with Carrie.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

It was obvious what he was asking. No dodging around it either.

"You're dead." She sighed, "I thought that if I kept the secret longer the feelings would go away. I also just didn't know what you would do."

If Luke chose to remember one thing Alex had told him was, "it's okay to like people fast", he remembered it because he was going through it.

Luke in the nineties was able to get around. He never had a solid relationship. He liked the affection and whatever came with a relationship but it was hard for him to settle down. He could remember the times he did have the opportunities to settle down at that was great. The time of his life, but once Sunset Curve became his number one priority, it became harder for him to settle down with said person.

Whatever he had with Lennon was different. Soulmate or not he cared about her whether she knew that or not.

"Last night, you said you liked me."