TWENTY-THREE. confessions of a teenage ghost boy

THE GIRLS arrived at the Molina household

THE GIRLS arrived at the Molina household. The ride was silent, but nothing awkward, nothing too hectic.

Lennon still in some type of phase after talking to Emily, but overall she was glad that she got that hard part out the way.

Julie was the first to get out, she faced Lennon with a small smile.

"Thanks for coming with me today."

Lennon brought her attention to Julie and nodded, "Anytime."

As Julie was about to shut the door, she faced Lennon again.

"He probably wants to see you."

Lennon shrugged her shoulders and rested her hands on the stirring wheel, pulling herself closer to the wheel.

She drew her attention away from Julie and to the purple corduroy that sat in between them.

Julie followed Lennon's eyes, "Maybe you want to talk to him too."

LENNON OPENED the doors of the garage and saw Luke sitting in one of the chairs.

He heard the door open but didn't bother to see who walked in. He could eliminate all options of it being Reggie and Alex as they could just poof in and out of the room. All options aside, it could only be Julie or Lennon.

He heard the sound of footsteps drawing closer and finally saw the same white high tops Lennon had worn that day.

He looked up at her; she held a soft smile on her face with a chair in her hands, the purple corduroy shirt back on her body.

"We don't have to talk about today, but if you don't mind, I would like to sit with you, if that's okay?"

Luke took the back of his hand to wipe any tears away. He gave her a small nod as he faced the other way.

Lennon sat the chair down and soon sat down. She wasn't going to push him to talk about something he wasn't ready for.

Luke looked back over at Lennon who was playing with the sleeves of his shirt.