another girl shank

Start from the beginning

"You look awful," He told me something I already knew, "Anything hurting?"

"No," I shook my head, "I'm just tired."

He nodded and pat my shoulder, looking back at the rest of the boys who were staring at Thomas.

"Well, do you recognize her?" Newt asked him. Thomas shot his knowing gaze from the girl and looked into his eyes, shaking his head like he had done for me.

"No."

"Really? Cause she seemed to recognize you..." Newt challenged. I could tell he had the same feeling as I did about this entire situation. If I thought I had things to worry about, he has it about ten times worse. He was in charge of everyone now, and things were taking a drastic turn. I knew he needed a hug, but he was trying to stay strong, which made my heart hurt a little more.

"What about the note?" Thomas asked, looking at me.

Newt shook his head, "We'll worry about the note later..."

"I think you should worry about it now," He told Newt. I raised my eyebrows, suddenly feeling a fire burn in my chest as I moved to get up. Jeff glared at me, making me slump down again. Newt looked just as shocked as I did as he stared back at him.

"We've got enough to deal with at the moment..." His eyes were laced with annoyance as he shook his head at Thomas.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair and quickly tying it into a bun at the top of my head.

"He's right, Newt," Jeff muttered, making all attention turn to him, "If the Box isn't comin' back up, How much longer do you think we can last?"

Newt licked his lips and rolled his head back nervously, "No one said that..." I looked at him with sympathetic eyes, "Let's not jump to any conclusions. We just...We'll just wait until she wakes up to see what she knows."

I nodded, agreeing with him, "Somebody's gotta have some answers around here."

He looked up at me and met my eyes, giving me a small smile and a nod. He looked so worn out...so nervous. I've always known that he didn't like being the leader while Alby was out doing something. It made him feel like he wasn't gonna do as well as him. He never wanted to upset anyone. Newt was all about order and balance. Now that everything was beginning to crumble, and the balance was beginning to break, he didn't know how to react.

"Okay," Thomas interrupted my thoughts by walking out. I stood up just as Newt asked where he was going, "Back into the Maze."

I rolled my eyes and made a move to follow him, but Minho was already doing that. Newt stood in front of me, blocking my path from following the two boys, "You're not going anywhere."

I sighed, "Newt, they can't just go out there alone..."

"No. I will not..." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, calming himself down, "I can't have you going out there anymore."

Before I could respond, he turned around and made his way out of the hut, leaving me alone with Clint and Jeff. I groaned and turned around on my heels, feeling like everything was crashing down. I wanted to go out there with Thomas and Minho...I needed to. I was there with them last night, so I had every right to go back.

"He was a mess, ya know," Clint told me. I removed my hands from my face and tilted my head to look at him, "Never seen him like it. But...Thomas and Minho can't go out there alone."

My eyes widened and I turned my body towards him as he grabbed an orange bottle of pills from the counter behind him. He took out three and gave them to me, handing me a glass of water that was randomly there, "Here."