another girl shank

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Let's...uhm..." I looked at Newt, who finally met my gaze with soft eyes, "Let's get her up. hand me the rope."

The guys started moving silently, some dispersing from the Box, and others grabbing the rope as I told them to. They threw it down to Newt and me, who tied the girl up and carefully lifted her out of the Box. I got out next and helped him up, trying not to hit his leg or anything. We peered down at the girl for a few seconds, going over the possibilities in our heads of what to do with her. She seemed to be fast asleep now like she wouldn't wake up even if a meteor were to hit.

"Med-Jacks," Newt spoke. They nodded immediately and picked her up in their arms, taking her away to the hut. I stared after the girl, wondering what in the hell was happening. Without thinking, I turned around and made my way to Thomas, who looked shell shocked standing by Minho.

"Do you know her?" I asked in a soft, but stern voice. He immediately shook his head and rubbed his eyes with the palms of his hands.

"No, of course, I don't know her...I don't know anyone."

I rolled my eyes and shifted my weight to my right leg, the one that wasn't sore, "You know what I mean, shank. Does she look familiar to you?"

Again, he shook his head, "N-No."

"Are you telling me the truth?" I asked, cocking my eyebrow. He looked very suspicious right now, but I just had to confirm my thoughts.

"Yes."

"And you would tell me if you did, right?" I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Just like I trusted telling you about Newt?"

Thomas nodded, but kept his gaze on the floor, "Yeah. Yeah, I would tell you."

"Okay. Speaking of Newt, I need to find him," I murmured, turning around and noticing that the blonde was nowhere to be found. I looked at the Med-Jack hut just in time to see him walk through the door with Minho. I grabbed Thomas's arm and pulled him along, ignoring the awkward stares and the mutters that were coming from people who looked at Thomas. I didn't know how to make him feel better—hell, I didn't even know how to make myself feel better. My mind was a mess, and I was worrying about fifty different things right now.

There was Newt, and why he wasn't talking to me...I probably scared the hell out of him last night, and I understand that he hasn't had a moment to relax since we returned, but I couldn't help but feel a little uneasy about our conversation we were going to have later today. Then, there was the new girl, who was in some sort of coma, messing up with the pattern that we had. She arrived two days after Thomas, making me believe that she wasn't like the rest of the Gladers. We didn't even get any supplies. And there was Thomas, who I was going to make sure was okay. He looked like he just needed a break. And on top of all of that, I felt like I was going to collapse. Overall, today's a great day.

My head started to get dizzy as soon as I walked through the doors of the Med-Jack hut. Newt and Minho were at the end, staring at the girl. I looked to my right and saw Alby, who was tied to a bed and breathing heavily. His chest rose up and down with every hyperventilation, and he groaned in pain from the Changing.

I shook my head and kept walking towards the back, "Jeff, What's goin' on? What's the matter with her? Why won't she wake up?"

Newt and Minho looked over their shoulders at me, and I looked back at them. Newt was biting his fingernails, telling me that he was a nervous wreck as he stared at her. Minho had his hands in his back pockets as he breathed slowly and dove deep into his thoughts.

Jeff looked up at me, "Mae, I got my job the same way you did..."

I clenched my jaw and sighed, looking back down at her like she was just going to spring awake again. He motioned towards me, and I followed him as he pointed to a chair in the corner of the room.