030

tw: some self-deprecating thoughts because this is set in reader's pov! read with caution

--- 

when you woke up again, you were still in bertholdt's arms as he struggled to balance on the armored titan. out of the corner of your eye, you saw krista being held by ymir's titan and engaging in conversation with her. 

why was krista here? you fought in bertholdt's grip, trying your best to ignore the searing pain in your back. 

"[y/n]! don't make me drop you!" bertholdt called out frantically. not like he'd already thought of that beforehand, but you knew that he couldn't do it. 

you were his friend and you were his comrade. surely, you meant a little more to him than innocent strangers. 

you noticed that there was a crowd of horses coming from behind you, realizing that the green capes meant that the scouts were behind you. you moved around even more, hoping to get at least someone to notice you struggling. 

"[y/n], you need to calm down!" bertholdt was even more anxious and panicky now that the scouts were closing in on them, "we're not going to hurt you!" 

you didn't care if they planned to hurt you. you just wanted to go home. 

you could hear the sound of the odm lines latching onto the nearby tall rocks. the terrain would certainly make it difficult for them to rescue you and eren like this. you heard a blond man yell, he charged towards the armored titan's ankles and tried to make a cut. you knew that his blades were going to break upon impact, watching the man uselessly roll away due to gravity and momentum. 

the blond man looked familiar, like the man that eren once described to you when you visited him in the dungeon. hannes? was that his name? you couldn't see his regiment logo. 

it was at that moment when eren started to shift around on bertholdt's back, finally waking up and realizing that the scouts were chasing after him once again. more scouts started flying up towards bertholdt and one was even pulled away by ymir, ultimately leading to their death. 

you started moving around even more, trying to get eren's attention. trying to find a way to even look at him and maintain some form of eye contact with him. 

"ehren!" you yelled through the cloth and you saw his head turn towards your direction, trying his best to try to look at you. 

he yelled something back at you but it was too muffled for you to properly process. his train of thought was interrupted when a loud cry sounded next to the both of you. 

next to you, ymir's titan's eye was slashed out, blood spraying everywhere and the healing powers rushing to heal the injury. in the air you could hear a set of odm gear rushing towards the both of you; it was mikasa. 

bertholdt quickly flew over to the armored titan's collarbone area and called out for reiner. the three of you were shielded away from mikasa's blades thanks to the armored titan's hands. you made eye contact with mikasa, who looked at you with crazed eyes then back to bertholdt, who looked like he would've pissed his pants in that moment. you swore that she was the scariest person in that moment. 

mikasa was forced to jump off of the armored titan due to ymir's arm reaching out for her, she quickly dodged and she was out of sight, off to deal with the titan on reiner's back. 

you started kicking in bertholdt's arms once again and yelled at him to let you and eren go, though he probably could not understand your muffled voice. eren soon joined in, kicking him and pushing him around while you moved around in his arm. he was struggling to remain patient with you both.