001

i always ask my mother how my father and her met. i know how the story begins and ends each time she tells me, but it's always nice to be reminded every once in a while.

my mother and father both lived in the underground world, just below wall sina. my mother was the daughter of the merchant and my father was the their that would constantly steal from them.

my father was interested in her, and decided to take it upon himself and ask her what her name was.

"anya" she said, "and yours?"

"levi ackermann"

from that point on they started this friendship, the type where two people are always together. my mother told me that they met when they were 15, and in the first year that they were friends, my father would always confess to her, his feelings were not mutual.

"it wasn't until the year after that when i realized that i truly loved your father. i confessed that i liked him and he hugged me as if he was never going to let me go after that moment."

a few years later, they got married at 18 and had me. according to my mother, she said that i looked like my father, but acted like her. i believed her, not a lot of people have his eyes.

we were a happy family, my mother ran away to be with my father and my father provided us with money and food, and also helped out many others.

when i was 6 i saw him flying throughout the streets, and realized that i wanted to be just like him.

i begged him to teach me how to use the maneuvering gear that he used when he had to get food in the city.

"in time i'll teach you, but i don't need to right now"

"why not?"

"because its safer for you to not use it just yet, when you pass your 10th birthday, i'll teach you."

when i was 8, father went out into town to get some money and food for mother. mother was very ill and we needed the money for medicine.

"come back safe father!" i said, before he left the door, flashing me a small smile as he walked out the door with uncle furlan and auntie isabel.

more than enough time passed by and mother was getting sicker by the moment, i didn't know where my father was. he didn't return, nor did auntie or uncle. worried, i grabbed my hunting knife, given to me by uncle furlan, and walked outside.

i walked out to the area where i first saw dad use his maneuvering gear and heard an unfamiliar voice.

"what is your name?" he said. i looked more closely and saw the three of them handcuffed and on their knees in front of strange people wearing green cloaks.

"levi." my father said quickly.

i hid behind the building not sure what to do. uncle furlan turned and caught me behind the building and yelled.

"(y/n)! get away from here!"

father and auntie both directed their attention to me.

"what happened to your mother honey?" auntie isabel asked.

"she kept coughing and then before i knew it she stopped, father didn't come home so i came to find you guys."

my father's eyes went wide. i didn't know for what reason. auntie isabel and uncle furlan both looked at me and then levi. they knew what had happened.

my mother had died right in front of me, and i didn't realize it.

"i'll join you." levi said while looking at the blond man with the green cape, "but only on one condition."

"and that will be?"

"my daughter goes with me."

"then we have a deal."