020 [levi's pov, many years ago]

filler chapter about levi and his first love <3 little short stories of levi's life before the scouts. LEVI'S OOC BC HE LOVES HIS GIRL PLEASE DON'T CLOWN. also this might just be the longest chapter i've written, so please enjoy!

---

one sudden boost of air and one kick was enough to knock over the man's cart of freshly picked fruits. levi had timed this perfectly, furlan and isabel in awe. 

"get back here! you filthy scum!" the merchant yelled, "someone stop them!" 

a crowd of people, majority of them men under levi's command, ran over and took advantage of the fresh fruits, stealing it for themselves and for a paycheck from levi himself. 

he was the king of the underworld. the notorious thief. even the military police could not stop him and his men. they were too busy wishing about going back up to the real world than making any attempt to stop him. 

"you've done it again, levi" furlan said. 

isabel scoffed, "yeah, it was kind of expected from big bro. i don't get why you're not surprised" 

they made their safe landing to the area around levi's home. the one that he had earned through hard thieving and pure intimidation. as he was ready to walk up the stairs to his home, he was stopped by a voice.

"hey, you." he turned to see a woman of small stature, eyes narrowed at him and his best friends, "that was my father's cart that you kicked over. now that our revenue has been stolen from us, how do you expect to pay us back?" 

"pay you back?" isabel said, "what makes you think that we're gonna pay you back" 

"just because you thieves think you have it rough because you're forced to steal from other people does not give you the right to think that everyone else is so much more privileged than you."

levi approached the girl, she was bold. he could not tell if he found that amusing or threatening. 

"aren't you afraid?" levi asked and he stood in front of the girl, barely tall enough to look down at her. 

"no." she said without a moment of hesitation.

"why?" 

"you and i are the same height why would i be afraid?" 

levi was taken aback to say the least. isabel started laughing her head off and furlan stood there trying his hardest to not laugh but failing nonetheless. never had they seen such a girl. they couldn't tell if she was brave or if it came from pure stupidity. 

"go back home." levi said. 

"you can't tell me what to do." she retorted, "i'm not any younger than you" 

all he did was scoff at her before he began to walk into his house again, her parting words to him the ones he still remembers to this day. 

"not everyone can tolerate you, ackermann." 

from then on out, she was all that levi ever noticed. he didn't even know her name and yet he was hooked onto her. he never tried to approach her, not after their first encounter in front of his house. 

---

it was a sleepless night. he had already downed a small cup of pure black tea. isabel and furlan were already passed out in their respective rooms. levi was alone in the night. 

he opened the door and decided to take a walk outside. he had already owned the town, not that he was being cocky or anything. it was a fact if the military police could not stop him, who could?