024 [eren's pov]

before we start heading into season 2 of the series, i just wanted to take the time to thank those who have been reading far and especially thank those who vote and comment! i enjoy seeing them in my notifications and it never fails to brighten my day <33

also this is a short filler chapter! 

----

a knock on the door was enough to wake him up. he looked around the room, scanning his surroundings before looking down at [y/n], who, somehow, was now snuggled up into his chest instead of vise vera. 

"who's there?" his voice was groggy and deep, a smile graced his face when she snuggled herself even closer to him. 

"me, brat." the deep voice only belonged to a certain captain of the scouting regiment. 

immediately, eren struggled to find his words and kept looking down at [y/n]. surely the captain, her father, would not hesitate to murder the boy if he saw his daughter in bed with him, regardless fully clothed or not. he pulled the covers all the way up before replying with a, "come in." 

the captain opened the door and walked in, standing by the doorframe and eyeing eren weirdly, "are you feeling any better?" 

"y-yes.. sir!" he struggled to keep his composure and in finding his words. 

"good. we're leaving tonight for utgard castle. be ready." the captain turned on his heels and eren sighed in relief. 

in a split second the captain zoomed over to the bed and ripped the covers off, revealing two teenagers in bed together, one of them being his daughter. 

"explain." he simply said, [y/n] still sleeping and trying to find warmth. 

"sir- i- uh.. i swear there was no funny business-" 

"damn right there better not be any funny business, jaeger." levi had never called him by his surname. ever. 

and it was in that moment where he knew that he screwed up. levi simply narrowed his eyes at eren before turning on his heels again and walking out of the room, slamming the door in the process and waking [y/n] up. 

"what was that" her voice very much groggy and annoyed at the fact that her nap was ruined. 

"nothing. just the wind. yeah. just the wind." 

----

throughout the night, eren kept his distance from levi. he had to. the man literally saw him sleeping with his daughter. 

"what's wrong eren? you don't look too good right now," armin asked him, "are you still hurt anywhere?" 

"no! i'm fine. totally fine- just terrific!" the words could not stop spilling from his mouth, which made armin cringe and mikasa look at him weirdly. 

"that's... nice?" 

"eren. what's wrong?" mikasa deadpanned at him. 

"lay off mikasa. i'm not a little kid," eren pushed her off. 

"is it because of shortie? or because of [y/n]." she asked, her eyes narrowing. 

"not really but it's close?" 

"what happened eren?" armin asked, "you can tell us" 

eren took a deep breath, weighing his options before speaking. "the captain saw me and [y/n] in bed," he said quickly. 

armin simply patted his back and cringed yet again, "there's no going back from that huh..." 

"when was this." mikasa said as her eyes darkened.  

"we didn't do it if you're wondering." eren corrected himself, "we were just sleeping. in the same bed." 

"yes, but why," mikasa's tone darkened. 

"mikasa, he's dating her i don't see the problem?" armin butt in, "besides they didn't do anything besides take a nap so he's fine." 

mikasa backed off and a pair of footsteps behind the three of them sounded. they turned around to see the all too familiar raven haired captain. 

"oi. get ready to leave soon brats." levi said before narrowing his eyes once more at eren and then taking his leave. 

armin patted his poor friend on the back once more before saying, "i can't lie and tell you this isn't funny."