Chapter 63 - Eugene's POV

Start from the beginning

"No, wait come back! Ugh, I was gonna ask you to swap with me!" Eugene sighs.

"I suppose I could go to Xavier and see if he has anything I can give her... But first I'm getting that Flynnigan Rider book!"

Eugene walks out of his room and downtown to the bookstore.

"Uh, hello? Anyone here?" Eugene looks around.

A man pops up from behind the counter. "Yes, I'm here."

Eugene jumps terrified, "Ahhh! You scared me!"

"What can I help you with Eugene?" The man orders some books in order.

Eugene catches his breath, "Have you got the book Flynnigan Rider and the lost princess of Yendah?"

"Yes." The man sits there blankly.

"So... could I buy it?" Eugene rubs the back of his neck.

"Follow me." The man slowly walks towards the backroom.

Eugene groans and walks behind him.

After a few minutes, they finally get to the back room and there's three Flynnigan Rider books left.

Eugene gasps in excitement, "How much is it, sir... Sir?"

"Mr Berge. And its 100 Gold pieces." The man gets the book.

"100?! Any chance of a discount since my girlfriend is the princess of Corona? Oh! And my little sis is about to get adopted and become a princess one day?!" Eugene pleads.

"No." Mr Berge stares blankly.

"Fine, I suppose I'll go-" Something catches Eugene's eye.

An ordinary sword.

"How much for that?" Eugene points to it.

"That's 250 Gold pieces." Mr Berge picks it up.

Eugene's jaw drops. "Is everything in this shop expensive?!"

"Want it or not?" Mr Berge looks blankly at him.

"I'll come back I need a- Yeah cya!" Eugene shoots out.

Eugene walks downtown looking in shop after shop. "Ugh, this is hopeless!
-
-
-
Eugene keeps walking till he gets to Xavier's place.

He sees you and Varian awkwardly talking.

"Oh, um just wondering that's why, heh. So I'll cya later!" Varian rubs the back of his neck.

"Oh uh okay bye, I guess..." you walk away.

Eugene walks up to Varian, "So, that was... awkward."

Varian sighs, "Mhm..."

"So, what ya doin' here anyway?" Eugene asks.

"Working on a gift for someone special," Varian explains while concentrating.

Eugene notices the heart-shaped locket.

"Lemme guess, something for Cass?"

Varian didn't listen to what Eugene said and just replies with an "Mhm."

Eugene sighs, "Kid, I know you like her a lot... and this may hurt you but it's the truth she doesn't love you kid..."

Varian looks up in utter shock, "S-she Doesn't?"

Eugene walks passed Varian to Xavier. "Hey, is there any chance you have a sword laying around I could buy off you?"

Xavier chuckles, "of course! Is it for a gift?" He grabs a sword from his collection.

"Uh, yeah for Cassandra, I don't know what to get her so hopefully a sword is good enough for her."

Xavier turns around, "You know, why don't I help you turn this sword into something she will love even more?"

Eugene laughs then straightens his face when he realises Xavier isn't laughing, "Oh, wait you're serious."

Xavier nods, "People appreciate stuff more when it comes from the heart. For example, whoever that gift is for Varian is making I'm sure they would love to see how hard he worked to make it, or (__)."

Xavier points down the road to where you are washing windows.

"Hey, Xavier? Can I leave this Locket here I need a break..." Varian looks down with his hands in his pockets and walks down the road.

"So, what could we do for Cassandra?" Eugene asks.

Xavier chuckles, "I have a good idea."

-
-
-

A few hours have passed and a lot of legends have been told too, "Aha! Perfect!" Eugene laughs.

Eugene lifts up the sword to see the owl welded into the sword blade.

Xavier walks over, "See? Do you think she will like it better?"

Eugene nods while checking how much money he has to give Xavier. He checks his satchel and dumps over 200 gold pieces on his table.

"Thanks, Xavier! And Merry Christmas!" Eugene puts the sword in a box and starts to walk back to the castle.

Xavier chuckles, "Goodbye Eugene! Merry Christmas!"

-
-
-
Back at the castle Eugene has hidden the sword and is with Rapunzel.

"Have you heard what Varian is doing for his secret Santa it's so cute!" Rapunzel squeals.

"Uh, yeah I feel bad for the kid he loves Cassandra so much-"

Rapunzel interrupts him, "You know he doesn't have a crush on her anymore right?"

Eugene's eyes widen, "What!? Who does he have a crush on now?"

Rapunzel looks to check no one is around then whispers in Eugene's ear.

"Uh, oh I GOTTA GOOO!" Eugene whisper yells.

"Wait why?" Rapunzel asks.

"I might have told Varian that Cass didn't have a crush but I didn't say Cass' name-"

Eugene runs out looking everywhere for Varian until he bumps into Quirin.

"Oh, Quirin! I need to ask you something, do you know where Varian is?" Eugene smiles awkwardly.

"Uh, no... but Queen Ariana has asked me to tell everyone to meet her at the fireplace for hot cocoa."

Eugene runs at soon as he hears hot cocoa.

Quirin chuckles, "Time to find (__)..."

-
-
-
Present-day

"And there is my story!" Eugene stands there proudly.

"Wait so that's why you kept running away from me V?" You ask.

Varian laughs awkwardly, "Yeah, maybe I should pay attention to what people are saying more, heh."

Rapunzel stands up, "So, who's next!?"

Everyone looks blankly, "Does anyone have another interesting story?" Rapunzel looks around.

"Well, I suppose mine is interesting?" Varian stands up.

"Great!!"

"It all started..."

---------------------------------------------------------

Authors note!

Hey everyone! I think Varian's story will be the last Christmas chapter because I'm sure people want to move along with the story, plus I'm running out of ideas since this is all Improv.

For now cya later!