Chapter 8 - it's time...

A few months have passed you and Varian are closer than ever. You both completely forgot that Quirin was taking you to see the king and queen today.

For the first few weeks Quirin kept a close eye on you but soon stop when he saw you really were changed.

You both decided to have a lazy day and sit around waiting for any raccoons to appear.

The bluebird Leo now is more like your pet rather than a wild bird and hangs around the house and comes any time you whistle.

And for Varian? Well, he's just... Varian!

You hear scurrying at the other side of the lab so is Varian.

"Shoo! Go away! Varian chases the raccoon outside. "I don't know how that raccoon still gets in here..."

You laugh at him while slightly blushing at Varian chasing the raccoon outside.

"You're playing a game of cat and mouse!" You fall to the floor laughing. Varian starts blushing.
-
-
-
-

Quirin comes and knocks on the lab door.

"Its time to go to the king (___)..."

"Oh, I forgot about that..." You sigh since you were having the best time of your life with Varian.

"Can I come to dad?" Varian asks

Quirin sighs, "Sure I'll drop you off at an old friend of mine First because the King only wants to see (___)..." you can tell something is wrong by the way Quirin is speaking.

"Great!" Varian does his victory dance,"(___), dad and I going to Corona!" he sings, "I'll pack ham sandwiches!" Varian shoots off to the kitchen.

You can't help but giggle at Varian's  cute dorkiness.

"I'll go help him..." you say then run to the kitchen.

Quirin stands there smiling at the two of you before getting things ready for the trip.

You all have now set off to the Kingdom just leaving old Corona.

You go through a woods that has a little bar for thugs. You see a thug that's looking around on the floor for something.

You glance down a see a white unicorn. You pick it up and show the thug.

"Is this yours sir?" He glances at you and sees you have his unicorn.

The widest smile comes from his face when he picks you up and gives you the tightest hug ever.

"Thank you, little lady," the thug says.

"You're very welcome!" You look over to see Varian smiling at you and Quirin looking shocked yet impressed.

"Hey Varian race you to the Kingdom!" You run as fast as you can to the castle.

"She loves to run..." he smiles "Wait hang on! Wait for me!"

You look down at the Kingdom on a hill shocked on how beautiful the castle looks.

You all are finally in the Kingdom, you see a massive painting of the king and Queen with a blonde baby... The princess.

"Quirin how old is the princess now?" You ask.

"Sixteen," he says instantly.

"Each year they light the night sky with lanterns so the princess can find her way home," Varian explains still panting for breath.

"I know I was watching them with you remember..." you say.

"Oh yeah right... You know one day... I'm going to beat you in a race..." He huffs.

You laugh at Varian when he falls on the floor trying to catch his breath.

"Well let's go to see my friend." You help Varian up and he blushes slightly.

You all walk for a few minutes when Quirin speaks.

"Xavier! Hello, my old friend."

"Well if it isn't Quirin! Hows old Corona doing?"  Xavier asks

"Things are doing great but I have a favour to ask of you if that's okay."

"Of course what's the problem?"

"Could you look after Varian for me while I take (___) to the castle?"

"Well of course..." he smiles at you, "You must be (___) nice to meet you."

"Well we better get going, I'll see you guys later..."

Then with that you and Quirin were walking to the castle you felt slightly nervous as you didn't know what to expect. For all, you know the king might know about your past...