Chapter 73 - The wrath of ruthless Ruth

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

The wrath of ruthless Ruth

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

It's stormy outside, you're with Varian and Sophie spending some time experimenting and building inventions in his lab.

Quirin is in the kitchen cleaning up before going to help the other villagers.

The rocks are in the village now, not near the houses but they've worked their way into the fields.

"Hey, guys... I don't think you should go back to the Castle yet." Varian says with concern looking out the window.

"Varian we'll be fine, a bit of rain won't hurt us." You reassure.

"(__), if something happened to you, I couldn't live... please just go tomorrow." Varian gives you his iconic puppy eyes.

"Protective much?" Sophie smirks.

"What, can't a guy be protective over his princess?" Varian flirts and kisses your hand.

Sophie rolls her eyes, "Give me a break from you two lovey doveies."

You blush, "Alright, we'll go tomorrow..."

You sit down at Varian's desk, open up your satchel and are about to draw in your journal when you realise its missing.

"No! I've left my journal at the castle on my desk!"

"Can't you just draw in one of my books?" Varian asks.

"You don't understand it has some extremely hidden secrets in there about this!" You point to your hair stripe.

"Like what?" Sophie asks.

"Well, the fact the healing Incantation works with me and not Raps, that Cass went with me and Rapunzel to the rocks, and all my research on the star-" you turn away mentally slapping yourself.

"The star what?" Sophie asks.

"Nothing! Just notes for that test we had." You lie.

Varian gently grabs your hand and pulls you around, "And why are they secretive?"

"T-they're not I was just listing things in my journal." You laugh awkwardly.

Varian and crosses his arms, "(__), I can read you like a book, what's going on."

You sigh, "Fine... I've been hiding something from you guys..."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

At the castle

Frederic runs into your room with two portraits and looks all over for something... your journal.

"Rapunzel? (__)?"

He sighs in relief when he sees your journal on your desk, then looks through a few pages.

One page is a drawing of you singing healing Incantation healing Varian. With some writing talking about that day. Then another drawing of Old Corona completely destroyed.

Frederic then flips a few pages to see, you near the black rocks with Varian and Rapunzel with your hair/Stripes glowing.

Lastly, he flips to the last time you wrote in it... the star crystal...

"She knows about it... and she has the magic Incantation..."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_