I was still so shook up from running from the Griever, all I wanted to do was be alone with my thoughts. Things were changing. We just survived a night in the Maze, something that nobody's done before. Some people were going to be mad, and some people were just going to be glad that we made it out okay. Either way, I wanted no part in it. I wanted to eat Frypans stew, have a big glass of water, shower, and go to sleep for three days.

   Opening my eyes again, the first pair they locked with were the beautiful brown orbs of the person I probably missed most. I studied his face, trying to understand what he was thinking, or maybe what he was feeling, but his expressions were blank. He blinked and shook his head, looking back down at Alby.

   "Someone take him to the Med-Jack hut," He muttered, standing up, "Gathering in half an hour. Everyone comes."

   And with that, Newt walked away, leaving Thomas to run after him. Everyone started to disperse, carrying Alby with them. Minho and I sat on the grass, continuing to breathe heavily as we watched Thomas run after the second in command.

   I furrowed my eyebrows, "What is he? Like a weird cheetah? Does that even exist? Is that even a thing?"

   Minho let out a breathy laugh, standing to his feet, "I think he's just that good..."

   "Take me somewhere," I reached up, "I'm gonna puke."

   "Me too," He took my hands as we stood up, quickly walking to the forest and throwing up the memories of last night.

   When Minho and I were done with our barfing party, I moved to the bathroom, running my mouth underneath the sink to get the disgusting taste out. I quickly did my business and stumbled out, feeling weaker than ever on my legs. Without wanting to talk to anyone, I made my way to the Homestead to change my clothes and get some food. Before I even had the chance to walk up the steps, my stomach let out a loud groan.

   "Fine," I muttered to myself, turning to grab something from the kitchen. I walked through the door, this time not hopping over the window. The first thing I pulled from the cabinet was a large cup which I filled with water all the way to the top, chugging the whole thing in less than ten seconds. I threw it into the sink and opened the fridge, immediately grabbing carrots and an apple. I bit into the carrot before the fridge even closed, and I moved out of the kitchen, dreading the painful walk up the stairs.

   Staring at the fourteen steps to my room, I shook my head and turned around, deciding to sit at a picnic table instead. I plopped myself down on the bench and held my head in my hand, biting into the apple. I closed my eyes, but immediately opened them, only seeing the face of the Griever screaming as Thomas and I fell down onto the concrete. I silently made a promise to myself that I would get some sleep tonight, even if it meant going outside.

   Too lost in my own thoughts, I didn't even notice someone come up and sit beside me, "Mae."

   I gasped and shot my head to the side, immediately feeling relief as I saw Thomas's face, "Hey," I greeted him, "You okay?"

   He nodded, "Exhausted, but okay. How are you?"

   "Tired."

   "Yeah," He responded, "I...uhm...I just wanted to thank you."

   I furrowed my eyebrows, "For what?"

   "Saving me," He shrugged, "And not leaving like Minho did."

   "No need to thank me, Tommy," I called him the same name that Newt always did and he smiled, looking down into his lap, "It was the right thing to do. Also, you saved my butt a few times too. If you hadn't snapped me out of it, I don't think I would be here right now."