Take Me to Texas

y/M/n - your mom's name.

-

Tuesday - 3:00pm
It had been a week and a day since Aaron had asked you to be his girlfriend, since you both had decided to make the thing between you guys official. Your group of teacher friends, which consisted of Aaron, Morgan, Reid, Garcia and Prentiss were the only ones who knew. You assumed some students caught on because of the fact Aaron would come visit you during his free period and try and lean in for a kiss before leaving. You both were still trying to handle the whole no PDA during work hours.

Your mom was moving to Texas within the next week, so you and Aaron had asked off of work for Wednesday through Friday. Thankfully, it was granted to the both of you because you didn't necessarily know if you could handle moving all the heavy furniture by yourself. Plus, the drive from Jacksonville, Florida to Fort Worth, Texas was not something you wanted to do all by yourself. 15 hours and 28 minutes. Somehow, your mom found it fair to fly from place to place and leave you to drive it.

After the final bell had rung, Aaron was at your door. You stayed with him last night so you both could leave straight from the school and drive in one car to the airport.

"Hey, ready to go?" He said with his same goofy smile as he leaned against the door frame.

"Yessir! I just finished all the notes for the substitute and it is now vacation time!" You laughed and he joined in. You walked with him to his SUV and got into the passenger seat as Aaron hopped into the driver's seat. You both knew this was going to be a few days of labor, only leaving a day or two for enjoyment. You also had a pile of nerve in your stomach because your mom would be meeting Aaron. The last man you introduced to her ended up being a bad guy, but now you were dating someone who used to catch those bad guys.

"Y/f/n, I can explain!" The voice of a man echoed in your mind as you drifted into a thought.

"Josh, wh-what is happening? Why.." You were confused why your boyfriend was covered in blood and what smelt like gasoline.

"I had nothing to do with it! The party got too wild and we thought James was sleeping, but after his pulse was checked, he wasn't breathing. He was bleeding out of his back and I just assumed the best thing to do was to get rid of it!" He was trying to make a case for himself but it didn't add up. Yes, Josh had anger issues but never did you think he'd take it to a level like this.

"Leave. Get out of my presence, now!" You said, picking up your phone to dial 911. You gave all the information you had and not even 10 minutes later, blue and red lights were flashing outside of your apartment.

"Y/f/n. Y/f/n, we're here." You heard Aaron say as you shook your head, trying to forget the last night you ever saw your ex-boyfriend. He now was getting charged for first degree murder in Florida. You always knew how to pick them. "Are you okay? You didn't talk that whole ride." Aaron asked, his hand supportively placed on your upper-arm.

"Yeah, just recalling old memories." You say, a forced smile on your lips, which Aaron knew was fake. You never told him that many stories. He knew about your dad. He knew your orders for every restaurant you ever went to with him. He knew your grandma was your rock and he knew your mom was your biggest fan, but he didn't know your ex-boyfriend was in prison for murder and he was a reason you wanted to go into law enforcement before deciding on teaching.

"Well, you know you can talk to me?" He said softly with a small smile.

"Yes, I do." You smiled and peck his lips before climbing out from the vehicle.

Aaron grabbed your suitcases from the trunk of the car and rolled them into the airport. You checked into your flight, went through the TSA line, and waited just a short hour before boarding your planes. Aaron insisted that he payed for the flight, which was the only reason first class was what you were riding. It was nice to board first, have wifi, free drinks and more leg room, but it was definitely much more expensive for just a short flight. You spent the flight cuddled underneath Aaron's arm, you both sharing earphones as you watched a movie on the screen in front of you. Aaron didn't drink any alcohol, he stuck to water, but you consumed one in order to calm your nerves. You could tell Aaron could sense your nerves because every once in a while he would write you a stupid little note that said something along the lines of "Your mom will love me." and "I'll behave, I promise." to try and make you feel better. They did make you smile and brought you some sense of relaxation. You knew your mom would like Aaron, but he was older than you by quite a lot. The bad thing being, he was closer to your moms age than your own.