Last Friday Night

author note:

the story of foyet/haley/aaron will be told in this chapter, but i'm changing it up kind of to add more to the story!

=

The next morning.
Today had a rocky start. You woke up late because you decided to snooze your alarm multiple times. You had to rush around to find an outfit and do your hair, which led to you wearing a nice blouse, slacks, and a sweater. The outfit was cute, but it definitely was not runway ready. You didn't have time to stop for coffee or make it yourself, so you were without that. Your mood was already bad and without coffee, it was going to be worse. You took the short 15 minute walk to the school because traffic looked like it would take 30 minutes just to drive the short distance. It was a mess of a morning.

But now, you were at the school and somehow, you were ten minutes early. Emily had a coffee maker in your conjoined closet, which thankfully, she let you have a cup. You hadn't seen Aaron, but you did not have a lunch to eat, so you weren't going to make it to your little lunch session.

The bell rang after your cup of coffee was empty, and you were ready to start this day, hoping maybe, it would start to look up.

-

11:26pm
The lunch bell. Thank God. You were starving. As your students were leaving your class, the tall man you had bumped into yesterday was standing in the doorway. You couldn't help but notice the small dimples that showed on his cheeks as he smiled, and him leaning against the doorframe. You could melt at the sight.

"y/f/n," he said with a smile. "Are you ready for lunch?" He asked, but your smile shrunk into a frown. "I was going to text you. I didn't bring lunch, so I have to go pick up something," you sighed, but a sparkle came from his eye. "Your lucky this is the one day Jack didn't want a lunch, so I forgot to pack mine. How about we order a pizza and hang out until it gets here?" He chuckled and your smile returned. "Well then, Mr. Hotchner. Let's order a pizza!" You said, following him to his classroom across the hallway.

As you watched Aaron put in an order for a pizza, you thought to yourself. Who is Jack? Should I ask? Is it too soon to question his personal life?  You were pulled from your thoughts as Aaron said the pizza would be here in 10 minutes. He rested back in his chair and put his feet onto his desk. You joined him in the same position as you two began to discuss more about your lives.

"So the FBI. Why'd you leave?" You asked, and he looked into your eyes. Yours connected with his and you could see a sadness enter his brown eyes. Shoot. I stepped too far.

"I was the Unit Chief of the BAU. It was great. Well, the cases and death and homicide wasn't great, but it was a great job. Putting the bad guys away. Eventually, we ran into a serial killer. George Foyet. The Reaper." He said with a sigh. You had heard of that case. It was on the news that he attacked an agent and his family, but you never looked too much more into it. "We had tracked him for awhile. All over the place. One time when we did track him, he was at me and Haley's old home. He ended up attacking Haley and almost getting Jack, so I decided it was time to resign. It wasn't worth losing people to." He told the story with a longing look. It made you feel sad for him. You had a confused look on your face as you had so many questions. Who is Jack? Who is Haley? The wedding ring? It was almost as if Aaron had read your mind. "Haley is my wife. She barely survived, but she did. Jack is our kid." Oh. Kid and wife. Ouch. Not that I wanted her to die, but I was hoping he wasn't actually married. "That sounds.. I'm so sorry." You said softly, but he shook his head. "We are all okay. Foyet is dead. Haley has yet to forgive me, but we're looking into-" he paused when the pizza arrived, and you sighed. Looking into what?