Hey There, Delilah

Sunday Morning - 11:15am

"Good morning, Virginia," you said to yourself as you finally rose out of bed. It took everything in you to get out of bed. All that was on your mind was your last few moments with Aaron you had this past Thursday. Part of you knew that this job was going to boost your career, but the other part of you wishes you were still cradled in his arms with your old job.

You made your way to your closet and threw on a simple shirt and shorts. There were not many plans on leaving the house today because there was a lot more unpacking to do today and tomorrow before you started your new job on Tuesday! You had done some packing Friday and Saturday, but not too much as you were missing Aaron a lot. As you put on your shirt your phone chimed. You checked your phone to see a couple of missed texts from Aaron.

Aaron: 

Good morning, y/f/n. :) 

*1 hour later*

Aaron:

Sleepy head, are you going to wake up?

*20 minutes later*

Are you going to sleep all day?

*1 minute ago*

Call me when you wake up. I love you.

You smiled and chuckled to yourself. Aaron was the type who did not care how many times he texted you. He just wanted to talk, which made you feel special. You picked up your phone and dialed his number. He picked up almost instantly.

"Well, hello there, sleepy head." You could hear the smile in his voice.

"Good morning, Aaron. How're you doing?" You smiled as you sat on your couch and look out on the Virgina sky.

"I am doing okay. I miss my girlfriend. We had a team outing last night and the new math teacher is nothing like you, just so you know." He said.

It was weird. You felt a pit form in your stomach as he said "new math teacher." You knew Aaron would never want to replace you, but you could not help but think more questions. Is she pretty? Do her and Aaron share pizzas together? Is she into Aaron like you were on day one? Is she even a she?

"Oh?" is all you spat out, but then turned your attention back to the phone call. "Well, how is the new math teacher?" You asked.

"Um," he delayed his answer. "She is nice. Her name is Beth. Fresh to the area. She enjoys running." He did not seem like he wanted to give much information. There was a pause. "She actually asked me to go running with her. I know I am more of a bicycle guy, but she said it is because I used to be in the FBI. Says it makes her feel more comfortable."

Your stomach dropped again. Beth seemed nice, but you did not like the fact that she was asking Aaron to go run with her. "You run?" You asked, your voice probably a little more aggressive then you meant for it to be.

"Not really," he chuckled. "I do not like the idea of women running by themselves though."

"Yeah, Mr. FBI." You laughed. "Are you going to go run with her?" You asked. A part of you was nervous to hear his answer.

"Of course not. I told her I had a girlfriend, and she was the previous math teacher. I told her the situation would probably make you uncomfortable because I know it felt like it was more than a run." Aaron said. A sigh of relief came over you as you smiled. "Good play there, Aaron. You passed the test." You laughed and so did he. You both spent the next hour discussing how life was in just the few days you had been apart. You both rambled on how much you miss one another, but less than a week and he would be here to see you!