Walk With Me

5:30am.
You wake up to your alarm blaring. It is already your eighth day in Washington D.C., but today is just your first day of your new job at the High School. Excited? Yes. Nervous? Absolutely. You have toured the school only once with the principal. She definitely was not what you expected when you applied with for this job. She had short blonde hair. She was older, and though she tried to give off a harsh vibe, she seemed like she really did enjoy her job. Principal Strauss. She seemed to get along with most of the kids and other teachers. This school year was going to be a rollercoaster for you and you knew it, but you were definitely ready to start.

After taking a few moments to think of all the things that may go wrong today, you hopped out of your bed and looked out of your apartment window. The view of D.C. at this hour was quite breathtaking. You walked to your closet and put on the outfit you had been planning for days since you figured out you got this job. It was a soft cardigan, a tighter fit red shirt, and a pair of your black pants that fit your curves well. You decided to add some curls to your y/h/c hair. This was always the style you went with when it came to important days.

After getting dressed and your hair done, you applied light makeup, and grabbed your favorite pair of booties that really made your legs pop. You had wasted an hour and a half getting ready, and school started in another hour and a half. Wanting to be there early so you could meet more of your coworkers, you decided on headed to the nearest coffee shop for breakfast. Thankfully, there was one right on the corner of your street. You quickly grabbed your keys, wallet, and bag and headed for the hustle of D.C.

Arriving at the coffee shop just five minutes later, you decided on a simple iced chai latte and a blueberry scone. Simple, easy and quick. You grabbed your order, thanked the barista, and headed to your car. The school could be a nice walk, but because you chose your booties today, you decided a drive would make things so much more easier. You hopped into your car and drove to the school. You listened to your empowering playlist with a smile on your face. You were ready to meet whoever you would be working with this year and all your kids you would be teaching.

-

7:45am.
You finally made it to your classroom. It was bare because you had just gotten the job only a few days prior. You would make it a top priority to decorate it as soon as possible. You just needed a theme. Maybe a crime scene vibe? Under the sea? Disney? You'd decide that later. Now it was time to go meet your coworkers. The first one you were eager to meet was the one you shared a conjoined closet with. The teacher taught a language. French you believed. She was gorgeous, and you smiled as she looked over at you.

"Hi. I'm y/f/n y/l/n. I'm the new math teacher. I guess we will be sharing a closet this year." You said with a soft chuckle, and thankfully she gave one too. "Hi, y/f/n. I'm Emily Prentiss. The French teacher. I think you are right about the whole closet situation. Hopefully you will be better than the last math teacher." She laughed. "Anyway, welcome to the school!" She was welcoming and funny, and you liked her already. She had dark, shoulder length hair and a great sense of style. "Thank you! I hope to see you around more!" You said, and she nodded in agreement with a smile. "Of course you would see her more. You share a closet." You thought as you wandered out of her room and down the hall, bumping into a much larger figure.

"Oh! I am so sorry!" You say as you hand him his file of worksheets off the floor. The file read 'Hotchner' and you looked up to match the name with a face. As soon as your eyes found his, you were struck. He was one beautiful man. "Oh no, that was my fault!" He let out a soft laugh. "I was too busy trying to get back to my classroom to prepare for this week." He looked over to his classroom, which lucky for you, was across the hall from yours. "Aaron Hotchner." He said as he stuck out his hand. "I teach psych and have for a few years, and I don't think I have ever seen you before." One of his eyebrows lifted and he looked you up and down. His eyes lingered on your lips much longer than anywhere else on your body. "I'm the new math teacher. y/f/n y/l/n!" You shook his hand, and when you did you felt the cold metal of a wedding band. Damnit. "Well, Ms. y/l/n, it was very nice to meet you. Let me walk you to your class?" He chuckled and you did the same. You followed him down the hall and to your class, which sadly was not enough time to talk to him. You were able to share that you were from Florida and he previously worked in the FBI, but that was it before the bell ring. "If you aren't able to find any friends before lunch, just come across the hall. I can try and find a place for you to sit at my table." He joked. You rolled your eyes with a smile. High school the first time for you was a rollercoaster of highs and lows, but maybe this time around it won't be too bad. Especially with that man across the hallway.

-

3:00pm.
The final school bell rang. Sadly, you were not able to drop by and hang out with Aaron during lunch because you were too busy trying to plan out the lessons for the rest of the week. You made it through your first day and it was much more fun than you thought it be. You met a lot of the staff. Penelope Garcia who worked the front desk. The physical education teacher Derek Morgan. Spencer Reid, the literature teacher, and a few others who really seemed like a blast to work with.

You spent a lot of time with Emily, and walked out with her to your cars. She seemed to be too distracted by a mom with long blonde hair and a slender build. Her son's name was Henry and he was a good kid, at least for the first day. You said your goodbyes to Emily before grabbing the handle of your car. You went to get in until you heard your named yelled from behind you. It was Aaron. "Hey!" He said breathlessly. He seemed like he had ran to catch you before you left, which caused a laugh to stifle from you. "How was your first day?" He said, holding a briefcase. He dressed very professionally for a teaching position. "It was great!" You said and continued on about your day. All the things you did. All the people you met and he seemed to be listening. Something that was quite rare for you to have. It was nice. "Well, I'm glad. I wanted to give you my number, so if you had any questions about the school or teaching. Be your teaching pal." You both shared a laugh as he said 'teaching pal.' You handed him your phone as he handed you his, and you entered your number with a small blush on your cheeks. "There you go." You said with a smile as you handed his phone back to him. He shared a smile with you. "I'll see you tomorrow, y/f/n." He waved as he walked to his black SUV. "See ya!" You said with a joyful tone before getting in your car.

You drove home with your thoughts churning. He had a wedding band. He is married. He is being so nice. Why? Those were your thoughts for the rest of the night before you were pulled from them with a chime of your phone.

Aaron Hotchner
Maybe actually show up to lunch tomorrow instead of staying in your room. Some teachers will start to think you're weird.

You laugh at his message before replying back.

You
I think I actually have plans with someone else. Rain check?

The ping of your phone is quick. Fast texter. Nice.

Aaron Hotchner
Doubt it. See you tomorrow, weirdo.

Your cheeks turn red at the name. It was a weird feeling that Aaron left you with. He is married, but he seemed a bit flirtatious. Maybe you were reading into it too much and he was just wanting to be your new best 'pal.'

You
See you, Aaron. :)

And with the final text, you put your phone on the charger and closed your eyes. Your dreams filled with the man you met today. Aaron Hotchner was definitely going to make this a difficult school year, but in a good way.

=
word count: 1555

author note:
woah, that was quite a lot more than i was thinking it would be. i hope you enjoyed the chapter! it was definitely fun to write and i hope to be updating again soon. i have two different paths that i could take this down, so i have to decided the vibe i want to go with, so we will see.

anyway, thank you for reading if you did! see you for chapter two soon!

mac <3