21 - Ace Merrill - Drabble - Drunken S/O at party

A/N - In which Ace encourages your bad side, sneaking out, taking you to a party and taking care of you when the inevitable happens. ❤❤❤

-----

Ace picked you up once you sneaked out, car empty with the others being told to walk the few miles.

It was a nice night for a party but not too warm for the just above knee dress.

"Think you can handle it tuts?" The blank look on his careful face flashing with a hint of challenge. One hand remained on the wheel and the other was rubbing at your thigh.

Always reckless and confident.

"Well sure I can, but I can't believe I let you talk me into this." It was a surprise none the less, but one you must have expected when you were with a guy like Ace. Described as trouble on legs. Everyone had told you so.

"What can I say, Doll? That's just my charm." Ace stared ahead, watching the dark road.

Into the early hours of night the teens partied, drank, laughed and joked around but of course some used the opportunity to make out with the girls they were courting.

Still more of a turnout than you thought. The whole town had basically shown up.

Arm wound possessively yet relaxed around your waist. It was clear to those around not to mess with his girl. Ace enjoyed the attention given to him, which he would return every so often just to appease you.

Ace knew how to take care of his girl just right, uncaring if anyone had the balls to say anything.

Radio turned up at the popular late night station, filling the busy house and couples started dancing.

Hanging off of him as he relaxed full swing.

As soon as Eyeball sauntered off for another beer, Ace checked in with you.

He knew that look and as much as he was enjoying the attention Ace couldn't let you get too bad. Or maybe he could but he wasn't going to.

"You're cut off." He took your drink, placing it wherever was convenient much to slow protests.

"We're heading out, think you can get into the seat?"

A clear yes but Ace still ended up helping before starting the drive back. Luckily Ace could handle his liquor and soon they were at his place. In his bed after a real test of his patience.

Ace allowed you to be sweet on him, returning kisses and the occasional light touches. It soon stopped as he ordered you to quit it. Ace wasn't a complete asshole and he wasn't going to do nothing with you in this state, he knew better.

And you were not some broad, no. Together for a few months, longer than his previous conquests.

"Ace... you not gonna give me some love?"

Tilting your head away from his neck, he gave you the look reading 'don't start with me.'

"Not tonight sweetheart, you want it? Tell me tomorrow."

You wanted him and who knew his girl got so needy with a few drinks?

A soft whine that he would no doubt mention tomorrow, he allowed you to rest your head on his chest. No matter how much you insisted, you looked too exhausted for anything.

"Night." Ace insisted, letting his eyes close with words of finality.

Ace wouldn't admit it outright but you were the only one with the privilege of him taking care off you. He really didn't care too much about others to do so.

"Night."

Until you came along.