Self titled

Harry

"She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes. Hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect, and all the boys, they were saying they were into it, such a pretty face on a pretty neck..." we all sat around the booth letting the song take up the space, we listened carefully making sure it was everything we wanted it to be before saying the final word. Once the song finished playing we all looked between each other with smiles on our faces.

"I think this is it." I said excitedly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have an album!" Mitch yelled out and we all started cheering and clapping, giving each other hand shakes and side hugs. To say I was relieved to finish this album was an understatement. The pressure was on, this was my first time cheating anything like this without 4 other people along side me, this was more personal than anything I've made before, this was all me. It was exciting yet terrifying, I put so much of myself into this I just want everyone to love it like I do.

"I just sent the all the songs over to the label and I sent a link to each of you." Jeffery said to the 5 of us and our 'thank you's' mumbled together. I opened my phone and immediately sent it to my mom, I've heard every song on this album a million times at this point, I couldn't wait for her input.

I self titled the album because this felt so personal to me, this album feels like a piece of myself, it only feels right. Plus once I told everyone Mitch told me he thought it was a "power move" and he was on board. Everyone who has helped me on this album has just been so out of the world with how much of themselves they put into this with me to make this real. All we have left to do is the cover shoot and last minute promo interviews. This is so incredibly fulfilling but the anxiety I feel with it is heavy, we all worked so hard and what if it just isn't good enough? What if...

We all start to disperse from the studio saying our goodbyes, a few of them were going to go out for drinks but I wanted to head back to my house and start working on some ideas for the cover shoot, I have absolutely no ideas for what I want it to look like or what kind of theme I'm trying to get to really represent this album.

I drive home listening to 'Kiwi' for the second time and I can't help but feel such pride for the way it came together, I have to say it's one of my favorites.

I walked in and locked the door behind me, throwing my keys on the small table beside the door. I turned the lights on and it lit up the open room. I walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water from the shelf and closed it tightly before making my way to my small recording room. I had two large wooden desks along the wall with my computer on the desk and beside it was a small keyboard that hooks up to my computer for recording, I had guitars on their stands sitting behind the desk chair and a small black couch off in the corner. This is my favorite room in the house. It's dimly lit and always the most relaxing place to be. It's small but its homey.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I found the one I was looking for and called, it ran a few times before I got an answer